[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people let you fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Membershipdd2.jpg (23KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
Membershipdd2.jpg
23KB, 570x321px
I don't want to sound too /r9k/ here but I legitimetly don't understand why people who supposedly care about you alow you to fail.

I was brought up by left wing perents and I was under the impression that we lived in a society and we didn't want each other to fail but I have come to the realisation that that is not the case. I mean I get the whole lean from your mistakes thing but if you keep making mistakes then what's the fucking point of us living in a society where we "look after each other" or have I completely missed the point.

I don't understand where I went wrong with this line of thinking can some one please explain?
Sorry if I seem angry but I genuinly don't understand this.
>>
>>18615374
Stop speaking in generalities and tell the situation. In some cases it's just fine to let people fail, but in some it isn't.
>>
Homeostasis. People don't like real change, they like things to operate within a certain margin, and they will unconsciously act so as to maintain homeostasis.
>>
Life is like a book or a movie. You are the first person character, the narrator of your universe, rest of the people are supporting actors or just a backgrund. Everybody has the same. Your mother, your father have their own perspectives and they don not live their life to live your life. So there is a possibility they havent even noticed your that they let you down.

...Anyway, left-wing postmodern neoliberal thiniking is the cancer. There is no freedom in left-wing thinking, because there is no freedom without responsibility. If you can't fail because everybody helps you, you loose control over your life, and you become addicted to the outside support systems. Sometimes the best thing parent can do is to let you fail. It is the hardest part of being the loving parent, to cut the umbilical cord to let you be free. (I know I had to bite through my emotional umbilical cord with my parents because my mother was so overprotective.) You can raise only when you fail.
>>
>>18615374
Because you become useless otherwise. If you're constantly propped up by others, you're going to wander into a position where you have no actual utility, and the only thing keeping you from failing is the work of others, and once they stop holding you up, everything is going to collapse.

It's not about seeing you fail, it's about making you forge yourself into something of value. And frankly, it's not their responsibility to make you successful. If they're not close to you, then they have their own goals and loved ones they prioritize over you, as they should.
>>
>>18615374

The point is get: strong enough. So you won't be a weight for others. Cooperation is an evolutionary advantage, but someone stays back and never reach the others. Like me, for instance. I'm doomed. And it's fine.
>>
>>18615467

I do get what you are saying but I still don't understand if your not acomplaching anything and your wasting your time what benefit to society you are other than just being a warning to others
>>
>>18615408

What do you mean I don't have any real friends I failed my exams and only have superficial interests in things. I don't see how allowing any of these things to happen has been to my benefit
>>
>>18615374

You have to be specific. Who and what let you fail without warning/helping you?

Also, it is generally a good idea to ASK for help when you need it. Or at least let people know what you're struggling with. If you put up an invincible facade or come off as a know-it-all people will be less inclined to offer their help whether it is because they don't think you need it or that you will react badly.
>>
>>18615598
All that is on you though. No one let you fail; you failed yourself.
>>
Some people only care about going through the motions and not the results. Even if you've achieved results, they will say you're doing it "wrong" because you're not gong through the "correct" motions. This is straight up retarded. Results are the ultimately the only thing that matters in the end. If one method doesn't deliver results, then another method should be tried.

As for why people let you fail, the simple reason is because they don't fucking care, not about you, and maybe not about their own lives either. They're either self-centered people and/or dimwits who live their lives blindly, bumbling about like idiots with nary a thought about the future. Psychopaths aside, people who deliberately let you fail repeatedly don't understand your actual problems and are just regurgitating shit they heard from somewhere else. They're just as clueless as you, and they probably don't really care and "advise" you out of the need to make themselves feel superior to you. If people give you advice blindly without specifics to your situation, you know it's straight up BS.

People in society don't actually look after each other. Yeah, we have welfare systems and such, but most of us are just going through the motions. At a fundamental level, we don't really care. Society thinks throwing money at a problem would fix it. In reality, that's usually never the case.
>>
>>18615609

Yeah but why did I and why didn't I take action on what was the logical conclusion
>>
>>18615609

Also when is it not ok to let people fail
>>
>>18615612

So when people are "outraged" by something a politician says about poor people being lazy ect... they are really just posing?
>>
>>18615374
People let you fail after they try warning you in some way what you are doing is going to fuck your shit up, or if you treat them like shit.
>>
>>18615461

The last thing you said
>Sometimes the best thing parent can do is to let you fail. It is the hardest part of being the loving parent, to cut the umbilical cord to let you be free. (I know I had to bite through my emotional umbilical cord with my parents because my mother was so overprotective.)

If you end up living and depending on your parents then how have they let you free?
>>
>>18615467

>And frankly, it's not their responsibility to make you successful.

Parents?

Teachers? isn't that why they join the profession
>>
File: 1409536615289.jpg (103KB, 964x414px) Image search: [Google]
1409536615289.jpg
103KB, 964x414px
You don't have to benefit society in order to have a reason to live. This idea that you have to have a use to earn your right to exist makes the world feel empty. Sometimes your only use in life is to enrich the lives of the loved ones who enrich yours. Even if you're not useful to someone, they can still love and cherish you as a good friend. Not every relationship is based on how necessary you are.

If you don't have relationships with people, then you have to create your own meaning. If your life is built around simply satisfying your own needs, then that's fine too. Stop trying to force some "greater cause" bullshit meaning on life.

It's not about "letting people fail", it's about letting people find their own meaning. How is someone going to know for sure that what they're doing isn't a good thing for them if they don't experience the downfall of their actions?

We need to help each other as a society by creating safety nets for the people who fail because of reasons outside of their control, but at the same time we can't baby people who won't learn without experiencing failure themselves. Everyone learns differently, everyone experiences life in their own way. Some people absolutely need to fail to learn from their mistakes, while other's are able to learn through cautionary tales or witnessing other's mistakes.

The world isn't black and white.
>>
>>18615729
Their job is to give you the tools to be successful. Not actually ensure the outcome of your life
>>
>>18615374
You kiss your boss' ass while trying to stab him in the back. That's business in the real world. Even for libturds.
>>
>I was brought up by left wing perents

Right wing parents would have taught you that success is your own job, and then they would have helped you along the road to success. The parents you had sound more like spectators than participants - let alone leaders.

Lefty parents just fling you at university with a FAFSA form in your hand, acting as if this will elevate you to a different social class for free. FAFSA is the entire reason why university costs so damn much in the US. Without that one thing, prices would be normal and any such thing as "student loan debt" would last a few years at most - not well into your fifties.

fuck university unless you're a full time researcher
>>
>>18615729

Parents give you a toolbox

Teachers show you how to build

Society provides the materials

With the knowledge, equipment and opportunities (ofc some have it harder than other BUT), it is only one's own fault if they're unable to build what they desire with what they have, you are not allowed to fail...

You are merely allowed to build what you want with your life, if anything at all.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.