[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my boyfriend to change his unhealthy lifestyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

My boyfriend just had surgery, he had two abscesses removed and he's been generally going back and forth to the hospital for some years now. He's very overweight, I posted recently here I wasn't attracted to him but despite that, I still love him and we're so compatible together.
I'm really struggling with the fact that he doesn't think he needs to make lifestyle changes. He is a heavy smoker, to the extent that he had to sneak in smokes in the hospital because he can't live without it. He is a heavy drinker and I can never dissuade him not to finish an entire bottle. He isn't aware of the damage he's doing to his body and when i bring it up, he pretends to listen but he doesn't want to change.
>He just had surgery because of his unhealthy choices and he wants to eat a shitload of fast food tomorrow.

TLDR : What can I do to convince my boyfriend to lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking alcohol and be more productive, because he doesn't seem to care about the long term effects?
>>
if he doesn't want to stop doing these things then he will not stop doing them. nagging him is just going to make him resent you, and you'll be exhausted from trying and getting nowhere. something external needs to happen to get him to stop these habits; if his health scare wasn't enough, then your options are either to wait until he's ready to adjust his lifestyle or to just leave him.

as a partner you can be ready to facilitate any changes he wants to make, but you're not his mom. you can't order him to do things he doesn't want to do, and there is no real way to "convince" him.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.