[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: a707cdc1edf885b08cb4cbf54c6e60fc.jpg (234KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
a707cdc1edf885b08cb4cbf54c6e60fc.jpg
234KB, 1400x1600px
What is your purpose in life, and how did you determine it? I'm not happy living just for the sake of it but haven't found anything worth hanging on for yet. If I don't find anything I don't know how I can justify living when I hate it.
>>
>>18614530
Without a religious standard, quite simply there is no objective meaning. I believe we each give ourselves the meaning of our lives. For some that means going to a nice college and providing for their family, for another it might mean fucking as many women as possible before they die. A predetermined meaning to this experience is comforting because it offers us a path to follow so that we don't feel so lost. The truth is we are lost. We're just walking aimlessly in a pitch black room waving our arms trying to find something that will shed light onto our lives. It's up to you to discover why you are on this planet.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
>>
>>18614548
I think it's a fairly popular opinion nowadays that people determine their own purpose even if it's only subconciously acknowledged, I'm looking for ways in which people decided on their purpose for inspiration. I want to find my own.
>>
>>18614555
If you can't think of anything you are passionate about go out and try new things. Go to the gym, help the homeless, start a new business venture, etc. Are you living a fulfilling life? Get out there and try new things.
>>
My purpose for being alive?

I'm just alive for fun.
>>
>>18614559
This pretty much.

I like vidya and computers, so I want to make vidya and see the singularity.
I'm starving for attention, so I want to make a webcomic or other cool web-stuff I can get famous for.
>>
>>18614530
I'm having the same thoughts and it's blocking me from having any ambition towards anything. I can't study stuff I actually want to study. I can't play video games cuz I'm way too bored. I can't enjoy anything except a few good tv shows.

On one hand, I want to live a normal life and have a family. On the other, I want to find a purpose that would fulfill me or just kill myself just to see what happens.
>>
I live for my religion. The true religion .
>>
There ain't no purpose to life bro, the faster you realise it the more you can enjoy the rest of it.
>>
>>18614582
Moe love?
>>
File: 1502464093747.jpg (173KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502464093747.jpg
173KB, 2000x1000px
>>18614582
Get outta here.

On the serious note, just do it for fun, no? Or kill yourself and see what happens if you have no meaning.
>>
>>18614594
But that's the meaning.
Killing yourself is not allowed actually
>>
>>18614530
Meaning and purpose come from within, the universe doesn't give you a meaning so you can make your reason for living whatever you want. Or you can chose a religion and help guide you to some sense of purpose if you can't don't that alone either way life is what you make and you really shouldn't take it to seriously just keep moving forward and make an effort to know who you are at least that's how I did it but everyone's different live life the way you see fit and create your own meaning.
>>
>>18614555
People vary and especially the way the think and go about things, often times it might not be very good idea to try to take advice from people in such fashion, since what they might try to convey might not be applicable or intelligeable to you.

From what I gathered most people live for slightly vague reasons, they want to feel fellowship, cared for, liked and catered to, that generally comes from other people, namely family/friends/partner, that'd probably cover most people, however, if you do not fit into this category you might want to try to pursuit some career or artistic goals, maybe try to get into philantropy or some hobbies. It's up to you, it's impossible to give you really good pointers from just a few sentences on anonymous imageboard.

You can also try to turn to religions/philosophies, which is fine, however, just be sure that you're being true and honest to yourself first and foremost, living for someone else might be a trap you probably wouldn't want to fall into.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.