[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soloing Clubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is going to a club/bar alone cool? I've never gone to one before, and I'd like to try, but I'm concerned I'll look like a creep.
>>
>>18612641
Bars alone aint that bad cuz there is always someone to talk to. However fuck going to clubs alone, waste of money cuz of enterance fees.
>>
I always felt like i would look like a creep or a pathetic loser. but found out a friend goes to bars alone all the time.

course she's a girl and i'm a guy so i'm sure there's no double standard there. *eye roll*
>>
it just looks desperate
i guess a sad ass bar would work though
>>
>>18612641

its not cool. its not uncool. the world is not watching you on a reality TV show and judging everything you do. you know what people do when they look in your general direction? ignore you. they just see you as another random spot in the crowd. if you're particularly attractive they might take a look to appreciate, if you're particularly ugly they may take a moment to marvel. most of the time they just dont notice you. you're just a part of the landscape to them.

they dont really look at each perosn and make note of who is there in a group and who is there alone and then freak out.

clubs tend to be more of a group thing, but you can still go alone. bars are a lot more solo friendly, but again you can be alone at either. worst ive ever gotten was 'oh you came here alone? why?' and i just said 'was bored at home' and then they went on talking about hteir life, their job, what they do, how many inches of my dick they think they can handle, etc.
>>
>>18612686
That sounds pretty relaxing. I always get worried there'll be someone there who'll point me out and judge me, but I guess that's just because a lot of my former friends used to do that so I may have internalized it as normal behavior.

I'm pretty fucking ugly though. But I'm just going because I'm bored not to get vagine. Not that I'd be opposed.
>>
>>18612707

if you're already ugly, who cares? just go out. if someone makes a big deal out of it, they are going to look retarded.

who do you think people are going to judge? the guy sitting there by him self having a drink at a bar, or the guy who goes up, points at him and starts yelling 'LOOK THIS GUY CAME HERE ALONE EVERYBODY LAUGH!!1!'

you'll be fine man.
>>
>>18612753
Don't people do that sometimes? Just to get a laugh from their friends while they do it.
>>
>>18612798

once in a blue moon maybe, but i can't imagine this being a common practice, I've literally never seen it, though I'm not a frequent bar hopper, i do go here and there. and i always go alone and never had this trouble.
>>
>>18612798

honestly if someone does this you can see how stupid it is and not let it bother you. you can just say 'grow up' and walk away. who cares if a bunch of retards are acting retarded?
>>
Moved to a new city about a year and a half ago, since didnt know anyone when I arrived I started to go bar soloing pretty much every week, I fucking love it, nowadays I can go to any of my regular bars shake hands with the bouncer and get straight in even if im obviously hammered and the bar staff always greet me warmly and give me discounts.

As for looking like a creep I imagine you could if you're silent and shifty looking like I was when I started going out because of my social anxiety but the more you fly solo the more courage you build up. just throw out a small funny or interesting statement to someone while waiting for a drink if they want to talk you'll get a conversation if not move on.

>>18612798
People ask me all the time when we actually get into a convo if im there alone and i tell them yeah because I have no friends in the city, usually I get invited to hangout with their group think ive been made fun of like once by a group of young students who were obviously assholes so it was no big deal no-one else around cared
>>
File: 1334300643437.jpg (333KB, 580x755px) Image search: [Google]
1334300643437.jpg
333KB, 580x755px
>>18612641
Not for bars. Bars are a place adults go to, either to unwind after a long day or to hang out with other people. It's not a high school type deal where there's a popular table and a nerds table.

I go to bars alone sometimes when I want to get away from people, just relax in a different atmosphere and have a drink. Sometimes I keep to myself and sip on a cocktail, other times I laugh it up with the stranger next to me and have fun conversations. You meet interesting people there; other people who are doing the same thing you are. Just relaxing and taking the time to unwind with a drink after work, or looking for someone to talk to.

If you go to a bar with a younger crowd (early 20's or college students), then it might be awkward, so I would hit a place where older folks go to unwind. 30 and up tend to have more on their mind than social status in my experience.

For clubs, I'm not too sure. I always feel weird going to a club alone since it's a place to dance and let loose, and I feel silly without having someone I know there to laugh with me when I make a fool out of myself.
>>
I go to the cafe very often with my laptop and eat a donut and drink my coffee. No one gives a shit. I would assume a bar (or rather a pub) would let you do the same no problem.
>>
>>18612641
yes it is creepy especicallyyyyy if youre a man
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.