[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC North Korean nuke threat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: nuclear_blast4.jpg (42KB, 596x283px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear_blast4.jpg
42KB, 596x283px
I feel like a crazy person even writing this down, but here I go. For the last few years, I've worked in the video production industry. I live in New Jersey, but there's practically no work in video production here, so I've always commuted to New York City instead.

Recently, I've found myself looking for new employment. I had begun to apply for jobs without any issues, but then I'd started hearing all this news about the reality of the North Korean nuclear threat. On top of that, I hear that New York City, the location I would be traveling to on a daily basis had I'd gotten a job, could be a potential target. Now, now every time I start to write out a job application, all of my instincts start screaming at me to stop.

So, I guess my question is, am I being paranoid here? Should I temporarily be looking for other work elsewhere, or is this just a completely unreasonable thing to worry about?
>>
They literally just discovered long range missiles while the united states has had the means to stop nukes before they hit at least 10 years ago.

Even if they launch, it will never reach the target. NK doesn't stand a chance against the US.

That being said if someone removes their current gov at this point it would be a blessing for the poor souls living there.
>>
>>18612172

>am i being paranoid here

kinda, yeah. we already have anti missile technology that would stop it way before it would get to new york. the nearest target is actually alaska, and if they are trying to aim for something we care about, they'd aim for seattle next.

but honestly were going to not have to worry about it. Worst case scenario guam gets blown up, which makes me sad cuz i love that little slice of paradise, but id be surprised if they got that far. I'm more afraid for the korean people than the american people.
>>
>>18612172
Oh, you are so asking to be trolled. Asking so much I suspect you too live under a bridge.

But, /adv/ is nice to people so here is the truth. North Korea has missiles, and it has atom bombs. But the bombs are a bit amateurish and big and heavy and the missiles are like starter missiles. They could maybe put a bomb on a medium range missile and bomb South Korea or China or parts of Russia or Japan. So don't go and work in those places.

To hit New York is harder. I understand that in the US nobody is taught geography of places outside the US, but take it from me, New York is extra-fucking further from North Korea than Japan, so it is harder to make a missile that will reach. And much harder to make a teeny tiny atom bomb that will fit on that missile. And very hard to make a case that stops the bomb from just melting from the welding torch like heat as it re-enters the atmosphere. And even if I'm totally wrong, the US has super cool interceptor missiles, which actually do work.

One day the North Koreans might get it right. But that day is not this year. Or probably the next 10 years. So go and work in New York.

And why the fuss at the moment. Well you have an crafty President. He likes to raise a big fat smokescreen of total bullshit when he is in trouble, just to cause the bullshit to steal the news headlines away from his troubles. Expect the smokescreen of bullshit to get bigger if he is in deep trouble and smaller if his troubles are reduced.
>>
lmfao this reminds me of the people selling parachutes to jump off buildings after 9/11
i just love paranoid americans
>>
>>18612172
Russia still has way more nukes, be worried about them.
>>
>>18612172

Don't worry about that shit.

I live near Washington DC which is also one of their "targets". I don't give a shit
>>
>>18612275
>lol dumb americans
Paranoia is strictly an American thing. It doesn't exist outside of being an American. Good to know, ignorant shitbird.
>>
>>18612431

Daddy Trump is going to keep us safe
>>
>>18612445
Probably. North Korea is that person who talks shit in the hopes that no one will actually do anything. They've been posturing for decades and every time they do the rest of the world bows down to their empty threats. Trump is just dumb enough to say something back. He's just as much the shit talking person that North Korea is but the difference is he's technically got the full force of the United States behind him. Not that he can solely mobilize anything but his rhetoric is stronger than North Korea's.
>>
>>18612476

>Trump is just dumb enough to say something back

I wouldn't say it's "dumb" of him to tell Kim to not fuck with us. He's the only president who's done that. Infact, he's probably the only person to EVER have been so strong toward little Kim. Kim is the kind of guy who was never told "no" while growing up in Switzerland, and his entire time in the DPRK. I don't think it's dumb that our president is sticking up for his country.
>>
>>18612431
yes, i can guarantee north koreans aren't this shook about this dick size contest

go hide in your underground bunker already
>>
>>18612531
North Koreans are worried about if they'll live to see another day due to incredibly poor living conditions. Wait scratch that, they're probably hoping for a swift death to release them from this mortal coil.
>>
>>18612548
so, like half of the world?
it's nowhere near as pathetic as worrying about no actual war
>>
>>18612476
>t. libcuck whose still salty that "drumpf" won over hillary
>>
>>18612476
>Trump is just dumb enough to say something back

I bet you'd also be complaining if he sat there and said nothing about their threats too.

Fuck I hate people like you.
>>
>>18612172
>I feel like a crazy person even writing this down

Because you are a crazy person for even worrying about this.
>>
>>18612621

This

I very much disliked Obama, but I definitely would had been been glad if he would have stood up to Little Kim years ago.

Voters are so fucking dumb these days. They hate politicians for personal reasons, not policy. But policy is what fucking matters
>>
>>18612689

North Korea doesn't fucking matter. It's a nothing, shit country, ruled by an idiot. Other than making a lot of noise, what have they done that needs standing up against?
>>
>>18612752

>implying DPRK doesn't have nuclear technology and that there is 0 chance of them selling some of their weapons to terrorist organizations for big money
>>
>>18612172
Almost completely unreasonable. Have you even been reading the news? North Korea is threatening to nuke Guam-- testament how confident they are in their missile range, despite claims otherwise. New York, on the east coast, is much further than Hawaii or LA on the west coast. They're crazy but not suicidal; they won't nuke us unless we attack them first, and at that point it's a desperate last swings of a dying animal.

North Korea always does this:
>launches missiles, makes announcement or threat, etc.
>get condemned and/or sanctioned
>receive food/humanitarian aid in return for de-escalating
>still get to keep their weapons
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.