[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APATHY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1501190861901.jpg (242KB, 961x816px) Image search: [Google]
1501190861901.jpg
242KB, 961x816px
Hello I am extremely fucking apathetic, about to be 34 and still living at home at my moms house. Not ugly or out of shape or a neckbeard ect. I've had about 10 jobs in my life.

My main problem is motivation to do ANYTHING outside of making sure I don't get fat and making sure I get some sun and socialize.

How the fuck do I get a job again? also my 3 best friends have died of drug overdoses in the last 3 years.

Pls help my life is on the line. I sincerely appreciate it.
>>
>>18612132

Reach out. If you are suicidal, hotlines andactual therapists will be better than shitheads online. 4Chan can't really help you all that much.

That said, if nothing excites you, then try new things. Maybe you'll find something that does.
>>
Just go out and do things. There's honestly no shortcut or magical trick that's going to change it. Discipline means doing things when you're well past the point of caring; You are not disciplined. Just go do it because it needs done and stop using whatever convenient excuse or justification presents itself in a given circumstance. You want a job? Go ask in person at literally every place in town even if you're not qualified or experienced and check back in person every week or two. Word will get around eventually and somebody might hook you up. Change your lifestyle. Go hiking or camping or fishing or learn to paint or learn a language or find some other new hobby. When life's in a rut, break out of the rut and try different things.
>>
>>18612132
Im sorry about your friends. That must be hard.

Alright, this helps me sometimes... It's a little abstract. It's my copy and paste method.

You know that feel when you get really excited about something? Inspiration? Yeah... I copy and paste that emotion from the past to the future. I know that sounds retarded and frankly most of the time I'm not in the mood to do it, but sometimes it does work and I can run with it.

Just try and remember that feel inside your chest bubbling up inside you, excitement, intrigue, and apply it to your current state. More importantly, find that goal (finding a job?) and specifically copy and paste that feel pertaining to that topic. AKA, feel excited and inspired by the idea of job-hunting.

It's a silly method, but that's all I've got for you OP. I have faith in you for not dying already.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.