[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women even bother friend zoning men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0356.jpg (79KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
79KB, 630x630px
I have wondered this for a while now. Why even bother friend zoning dudes? I don't mind being friend zoned. What bothers me is that a woman would think I want to be ONLY her friend after I show that I am romantically interested in her.

I never friend zone people primarily because I find it to be... basically a form of acceptable torture but that's not the point.

I am just looking for insight. What do women seek to gain by friend zoning men? Am I the bad guy for turning down their friend ships? Like what am I going to do as her friend? Get rail roaded into being a third wheel? Fuck that noise.

Anyway, just looking for insight. What do you think?
>>
Because it's easier and kinder than outright rejecting someone you're not interested it
>>
>>18611861
>What do women seek to gain by friend zoning men?

They seek nothing. They reject us as romantic interests, but not as people. We could still be friends. We also have the right to walk away (I know I do).
>>
>>18611869

>trying to get someone to agree to torture is less rude than just saying not interested.

Okay. My point is, I just don't see how friend zoning could ever be good. Look at it from the other persons point of view.

If you are friend zoned and see some other dude kissing and wrapping his hands around her and shit... that's horrible. Which is why when a girl friend zoned me, I just don't buy into it. It's a shitty existence hoping she will like you one day.
>>
>>18611883
>It's a shitty existence hoping she will like you one day.

Dude, if she says she is not into you, then don't blame her when you keep the hope up.
>>
>>18611895
You are missing the point. It's very rare any dude wants to be JUST friends with a woman who he was romantically interested in. Now if the dude has no romantic interest in her, then sure it can work.

I am talking about situations where the dude likes her.

Women try to trick these dudes into an existence of unsureness and ambiguity. Basically, a shit show.

Anytime I hear about a friend zoning, I just think why would the woman even do it? You know damn well she isn't going to do anything for the dude.
>>
>>18611915
>Women try to trick these dudes into an existence of unsureness and ambiguity.

Wait, that's being manipulative. If she purposefully misleads a guy to keep him around, then she is being a big bitch.

Now, if she just rejects you but stills talks to you, then she didn't do anything wrong. She is just treating you like a human being.
>>
>>18611861
>What do women seek to gain by friend zoning men?

they get to extract resources from you without giving you sex. for example free rides,free meals and free attention. also you might be a safety net backup after she is done riding the cock carousel with the bad boys and her looks have faded.
>>
>>18611971

I fucking hate r9k tier logic but it does make sense. Honestly, the female friends I do have are borderline useless in terms of what they can do for me. I wouldn't ask them to do the simplest stuff. Yet they always ask me "hey can you fix my car" and I always ask for cash.

I don't this shit for free but I can sense their saltyness when they gotta fork up 40 bucks for me to change a tire.
>>
>>18611987

Those are not your friends, dumbass.
>>
>>18611861
Friendzone is entirely your choice.
If you are in the friendzone, it is either because you never expressed romantic interest in her or because you accepted to be friends even if it made you unhappy.

If you just never asked her out, then do so.

If you did and she told you she'd rather stay friend, then leave. She never wanted to be anything more than friends, and she's not the one who is unhappy with the relationship. If YOU are unhappy, then YOU have the responsibility to leave and cut it off. It's not on her.

If you are in the friendzone, then it's because you wanted to. Stop complaining and take responsibility for your own decision.

TL;DR - You're a whiny kid.
>>
>>18611928
Not OP, but he meant to say why would a woman ever want to still hang out and be friends with someone that showed her they like her but she is not interested in him.
Of course the answer is quite obvious given the situation, she doesn't care for his feelings since she is not interested in him, so she doesn't mind if it tortures him or not to have him around.
>>
>>18612012
Because she enjoys him as a person. Why wouldn't she want to hang out with him?
>>
>>18612012
>why would a woman ever want to still hang out and be friends with someone that showed her they like her but she is not interested in him.

Weren't they friends before, at least from her point of view? Why should she ditch him? If you don't like what the other person is willing to offer, you can walk away mate. That applies to same sex friendships, too.
>>
>>18612014
>>18612020
Sure, but I meant that the thought of knowing he would be unhappy just by being friends never went through her head.
You have a point though, after all it's the other's choice to leave. But in my opinion it is being incapable of seeing through the guy's point of view. Because she would feel exactly the same way in an opposite situation.
>>
>>18612033
>Because she would feel exactly the same way in an opposite situation.

And would she stay? If she was unhappy, she'd keep her distance, so can you blame her for expecting him to stand up for himself?
>>
>>18612033
Why would it be her responsibility to cut off contact?
She is happy with the friendship, he's not. She wants to stay friends with him. If he doesn't want to stay friends with her, he can leave.

She offers him what she can give him. It's up to him to take it or not. No one forces him.
>>
>>18612046
>>18612056
Hence why OP is here asking for this bullshit where everybody (and probably him too by now) knows the answer.

>She is happy with the friendship, he's not. She wants to stay friends with him.
Just to point out this is what I meant with being incapable of looking through the other person's POV.
>>
>>18611869
/thread.
Women think they are being nice or they are too nice to hurt someone.
I tried explaining to a girl at work who is currently friendzoning a dude that it less cruel to tell him straight out she doesn't like him.

SOME women are well aware of what they are doing and like having the beta as her bitch.
>>
>>18612064
>Just to point out this is what I meant with being incapable of looking through the other person's POV.

But what you don't get is that dudes complaining about the "friendzone" have one thing in common:

They stay and pretend to be fine.

You are basically blaming her for believing his lie, something that wouldn't happen is he moved on instead of vulturing and waiting for a second chance.
>>
>>18612064
>Just to point out this is what I meant with being incapable of looking through the other person's POV.
Because it's not EVERY other person POV. Some people would want to stay friends even after being rejected, some people would want to stay distant for a while.
It's up to you to decide. If a friend of mine confessed and I had to reject him, I'd keep being his friend and leave the decision of what to do to our friendship to him. On my side, feelings haven't changed.
>>
>>18612033
>Sure, but I meant that the thought of knowing he would be unhappy just by being friends never went through her head.

Why would that thought ever occur to her?
1.) why would she assume he's going in with altering motives? If she's assuming that he's walking in wanting to be an orbiter, that means she's probably looking down on his capabilities as a person. That would make her presumptious to say the least, and highly conceited. Much more reasonable is to assume that he's someone who's actions reflect his wants.
2.) she ain't forcing him to it.
3.) Even the thought DOES occur to her, she's not his mom. Her role in life isn't to protect of his feelings, it's to be her own person.

>Because she would feel exactly the same way in an opposite situation.

No?

I've friend zoned plenty of girls and stayed friends. But to them it's not a friend zone, it's just a friendship.

I've been friend zoned before, but to me it's not a friend zone, it either resulted in a genuine friendship, or me walking away/moving on.

Fuck dude, one of my girlfriends friends was a dude that friend zoned her a long time ago. She moved on, they became friends.

This orbiter "friend zone" shit you guys do is all on you. The rest of us either come in to friendships with the genuine intent of being friends, or move on with our lives to the next thing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.