[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: credit_cards--621x414.jpg (58KB, 621x414px) Image search: [Google]
credit_cards--621x414.jpg
58KB, 621x414px
When do I use credit card and debit card? I don't get it.
>>
>>18611177
Use the one that gives you some benefit. I use my Amex card rather than Visa because I get double points for doing it. Debit card gives me nothing back so it sees no action.
>>
>>18611228
You get fees with credit though. I will admit I haven't checked the benefits for using credit. Are they enough to offset the fees?

I just don't see value in them, right now.
>>
Credit Card = Spending money you don't have now, paid back with extra later.
Debit Card = Spending money you have in the bank right now.

You pay for the convenience of a credit card by paying back more money than the amount you spent with it (aka, interest).
This can be useful for buying "big" items you might not have enough saved to buy outright on your own.
However, you can fuck yourself p. hard if you use it and don't pay off the balance asap.
And even if you pay the card off on time every time, you will always pay more than you spent just for the priveledge of "borrowing" that money.

Using debit requires you have the amount spent in the bank, (unless you have an overdraft arrangement, which comes with it's own stupid shit) but once it's done it's done. No fucking about with interest, payment deadlines or any of that shit.

Generally Debit > Credit for 99% of everything you spend money on regularly. Groceries, fuel, housekeeping, bills, whatever random shit you feel like buying.
No fuss, no hassle, less cost.

>>18611228
>Debit card gives me nothing back so it sees no action.
Sure it does. It gives you the ability to not pay interest on your purchases.

Personally, I don't use credit cards at all. The benefits and incentives are of no use at all to me, and spending more money to have <thing> right now just seems horribly impatient and wasteful.
>>
>>18611433
this.
>>
>>18611433
>>18611246
You get fees with credit if you don't pay it back by the end of the month.
>>
>>18611433
Not OP but isn't it wise to use the credit card once in a while to build up a credit score or whatever?
>I don't even have a credit card so not like I really care, just curious.
>>
>>18611433
t. someone who doesn't understand credit cards
>>
>>18611442
idk about america, but credit score has nothing to do with your credit card. in switzerland, you have to get an official document that verifies that you never not paid your bills if you need to proofe you have a clean credit score. ofc you also get it noted in that document if you don't pay your credit card bills on time. but they only get noted if you don't pay even after the 3. reminder.
>>
I recommend 2 debit cards with 2 different banks and 1 credit card with another different bank with a limit of like 1500$ Also alerts i
>>
Debit card is for getting money out of the atm and paying your credit card at tbe end of every month
Credit card for everything else

Your bank ought to have advisors that will actually explain the different stuff and how to use them properly, at least Wells Fargo did for. It's not a lot but I've been earning cashback on every purchase since I got my credit card and haven't used my debit card to purchase anything since, but I also pay my debt off usually twice month so I'm certain I'm not paying interest
>>
>>18611177
Use credit for everything and keep on top of your credit card bills. Don't spend more money than you have, just always prefer to use credit as a direct buying method because it'll help build your credit.
>>
>always pay off my credit card the moment I use it
>never had a late fee or interest
>racked up enough points to buy a brand new cellphone for a fraction of the price

Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
If you don't get it then never use a credit card and always use a debit card.
>>
>>18611433
>And even if you pay the card off on time every time, you will always pay more than you spent just for the priveledge of "borrowing" that money.

Uh... what? If you pay your statement's balance each cycle, you pay nothing in interest -- nothing. I've never paid interest, ever, not on my credit cards at least. (Student loans are another story.)

I use my credit card for 2 reasons:

>Points/Rewards/Cashback

Why the fuck not? Get $15 applied to my balance each month? Sure! That's 1 free lunch a month. I'll take it.

>Fraud Protection

If your debit card gets stolen, that money you worked hard for will be tied up as the bank "investigates." You'll probably need to sign an affidavit and whatever else. It's a fucking headache. You'll get your money back eventually, a few weeks later or so.

With credit cards? Your account gets credited back the funds immediately. A new card gets put in the mail, and you're done! No stress. No worry. And that's, ultimately, why I use my credit card and not my debit card.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.