[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being funny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1485696145346.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485696145346.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
Advice on being funny? I mean genuily funny with jokes and correct timing, not stuff like insults or making fun of myself.

Book suggestions would be helpful too.
>>
there's something extremely offputting about people TRYING to be funny. just saying
>>
File: 1483812574465.jpg (242KB, 414x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483812574465.jpg
242KB, 414x476px
>>18610999
There's something extremely offputting about people who type in lowercase except for words they want to emphatize

Also checked.
>>
>>18610996
You dont want to be funny. You want to be normal.
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation

Why do you want to be funny? Just ask her on date. If she will like you enough, she will smile and laugh no matter what your say or do.
>>
>>18611012
there's something extremely offputting about people who think ad homine arguments will help them be funny
>>
>>18611016
I'm not trying to get pussy, I just want to make my friends laugh.

Also I'm interested how professional comedians do it.
>>
>>18611025
>friends laugh
You have to be clever, witty and combine banter with right situations. Or alcohol.

>professional comedians
They practice it everyday, learn 99999 jokes and often are very boring in private life without audience. Start doing what they do: steal jokes, learn how to lie about your past experiences and practice. Go to youtube, find sone comedians and copy their style and steal their jokes.
>>
>>18611025
professionals do it by taking everyday situations and painting them a tad too brightly or giving them an unexpected twist.
>>
The key to being funny is being extremely perceptive of how language is used. The best humor is usually just pointing out ambiguities in language or different paradoxes that arise in certain social contexts. It's being attuned to how to convey stories or pithy sentences in descriptions that are creative, uncommon, and accurate. If you're not very smart, your humor will likely be narrowed down to physical humor or doing impressions if you have that skill. You also have be mean spirited with uncommon empathy. You need to be confident enough to believe that the strange things you experience are also experienced by other people and then phrase it uniquely. Timing is mostly just being aware, it's not something conscious.
>>
>>18611056
Also good humor is essentially eradicating different pretensions we have as a society or as a person. It's difficult nowadays to do the former because everyone is so far up their own ass that we have moved beyond the possibility of many jokes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.