[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I achieve comfiness in my small apartment? Is there a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1501251730903.jpg (1MB, 6481x3361px) Image search: [Google]
1501251730903.jpg
1MB, 6481x3361px
How do I achieve comfiness in my small apartment? Is there a way to do it on a budget?

I've always wanted to achieve a comfortable and cozy atmosphere but I've never had much money for furniture. When I was a kid, my room was pretty chill to hang out in.

How do I make a comfortable living space on a budget?
>>
>>18610577
second hand gems are the way to go. just wait for the right piece
no point in buying cheap garbage you don't like just to sit on it
>>
>>18610577
deoends on what you're into. I found that having one or two plants around really change the whole look of the room, so does the right light source. Hang up a tn of stuff, random stuff like postcards, banners, posters or cut outs from magazines you like idk. Imo coziness = tons of small stuff placed in organzied chaos.
>>
>>18610577
-Really comfortable armchair or recliner for reading and watching TV in.
-Couch long enough to lie down in but with arms high enough so that with a throw cushion you can raise your head enough to read or watch TV
-Posters or prints on the walls. There are few things grimmer than bare walls.
>>
File: 1490096792019.png (265KB, 477x638px) Image search: [Google]
1490096792019.png
265KB, 477x638px
Nice Welsh flag, OP
>>
File: IMG_4017.jpg (105KB, 540x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4017.jpg
105KB, 540x738px
is that your room?

the trick to comfy is creating a sense of a place you would want to hide when you don't want to face the world.
that means that it needs to actually be comfy to spend days there. everything needs to scream "you want to slouch around on me" and "here you could cuddle for hours". so fluffy blankets, lots of pillows, dimmable lights, sofas that are deep and wide, etc.
textures are important, too. if everything is hard and shiny, it might appear modern and minimalistic, but not comfy. wood is good, fur, fabrics.
for example, a stone floor isn't as comfy as a creaky wooden floor with a soft rug on it.
modern flat screen curtains never create the same atmosphere than light airy white curtains flowing in a slight breeze.
your room need to appear clean without being empty. it needs to smell fresh and inviting.
find a good balance between leaving space and avoiding emptynes. fill spaces that feel too big with personal stuff. just adding clutter for the sake of it will only make your room appear unorganized and messy.
small spaces are easier to make comfy. especially if there's a droop.
pic could be an example that's spacy, modern but still comfy. notice how the fluffy bed, the rugs, the wood, the fireplace, the light, the plant and the texture of the floor and the stone create that atmosphere. ofc a dog makes every room more comfy instanly, too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.