[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Define: Ironic Memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 1280x1280.jpg (509KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
509KB, 1280x1280px
Okay so I was trying to explain to sister (a normie) about ironic memes and she said "how are memes ironic, you don't even know what ironic means". And so I said I know what ironic I'm talking about the second definition. Like you know, unironicly listening to vaporwave. Or like those super low quality ear rape videos. You get me? Well so she said "just because a lot of people on the internet call it ironic doesn't mean they're using the word correctly" but she doesn't understand that there's two fucking definitions. Anyways, she thinks nobody even says "ironic memes" and "if they do then they're using it wrong". What do you guys think? Halp.
>>
>>18610232
Fuck off
>>
>>18610232
Why do you need to solve this now? What it changes if they are ironic or not? Why do you need to protect your ego?

Don't make your life harder than it needs to be. Have some perspective.

Do a quick search and if you don't find it admit that it might not be so wildly popular as you thought.
>>
But she's not wrong, ironic has lost all meaning on this shit site and is essentially a buzzword at this point.
>>
You're right OP
>>18610336
you're wrong
>>18610294
What are you even talking about?

Ironic using or characterized by irony.
"his mouth curved into an ironic smile"
synonyms:sarcastic, sardonic, cynical, mocking, satirical, caustic, wry
"Edward's tone was ironic"

happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.

Ear rape videos are mocking and satirical imo. You can listen to vaporwave "unironically" or you can "ironically" listen to it, as in, sarcastically, "Yeah, I listen to vaporwave, it's SO GOOD, and AESTHETIC" basically mocking it as shit, ironically listening to it. It's a thing. Ironic memes are like deep fried memes. Mocking stupid emoji abuse memes or ignorant hood memes.
>>
>>18610487
>What are you even talking about?
Why is this so important to you?
>>
>>18610573
Why is anything important? What a silly question. OP asked if he was right and he was. It's that simple.

You're trying to make this some profound life lesson when the man wanted to know if he was right. That's what he asked. If he was wrong I would have said he was wrong. You're over here talking about popularity and the difficulty of life when that has nothing to do with the question.
>>
>>18610607
>Why is anything important? What a silly question.
I think that's a important question. I would even say it's one of the most important ones. Why do you think it's silly? I'd suggest you to think silly and obvious questions sometimes. You could learn a lot about yourself

>OP asked if he was right and he was. It's that simple.
If OP just wanted to know out of curiosity he would do a simple google search and if he didn't find what he wanted he would forget about it. Why do you think he wants to spend his time on this?

>You're trying to make this some profound life lesson
Yes I do because I believe there is one to be had here.

>You're over here talking about popularity and the difficulty of life when that has nothing to do with the question.
I agree OP's popularity doesn't have to do anything with this but I meant to say the term "ironic meme" itself can turn out to be unpopular - as in not very common.

I believe OP feels he must obsessively prove himself right on this matter possibly because he wants to protect his self image as a smart person. I'd like him to realize his doing that and even that he doesn't have to fight for his reputation so hard.

And why do you want to jump in to this conversation?
>>
File: seal.jpg (8KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
8KB, 300x276px
>>18610232
Ironically, she's right and you are misusing the word.

This wins my ironic Seal Of Upheaval as dumbest post of the day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.