[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7493.jpg (56KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7493.jpg
56KB, 720x718px
I'm sorry, I don't have anyone to turn to and I really don't have real friends so I'm just going to let's it out here. But basically my boyfriend won't let me have any friends. He's too insecure and suspicious to let me hang out with anyone (mainly other guys). If I could I'd leave now but I have invested so much time into this relationship that it would set me back years.
I'm just so mad that I didn't see any warning signs that he wouldn't let me talk to any of my male friends when we first started dating. I dropped everyone because I didn't want him feeling like shit even though I wasn't doing anything sketchy. I caught him over and over speaking to other girls and having lewd conversations with them only for him to claim to do it only because I put him through emotional pain because I have a lot of male friends. I let this dude walk all over me and now I'm paying for it. He gets upset when I get anxious when he talks to other girls. But I told him that if he doesn't hide that he's talking to them from me that I would feel way better over it. Yet he keeps hiding it from me. He's now talking to some new girl named Eva and he hid that from me. I know he's going to blame it on me because I recently became friends with someone from work who infact is closet gay. It's hard for me to connect with most girls but I'm trying my best. I'm just an idiot and I deserve this stress.
>>
You're not an idiot and he's exhibiting classic controlling and isolating behavior.

Honestly, you should probably just leave him. He sounds manipulative and potentially abusive. I'm getting major red flags even with this little bit.
>>
>>18610071

just dump him. this is basic shit.

>but I have invested so much time into this relationship that it would set me back years.

you'll recover faster than you think. get out of the relationship now before this guy gets worse.
>>
>>18610086
>>18610092
I would but I have no family in this state and can't go back. I work a shitty dead end job making only $9 an hour so I first have to find a few people to room with that aren't too sketchy.
Our relationship has no romance and it does feel very forced at this point, it's just a major shit show.
>>
File: bird 3.jpg (48KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
bird 3.jpg
48KB, 404x600px
I think you're stronger than you think.
One, you're admitting that there is something wrong and that you're acknowledging your limits.

If you have to, play the survival game. Anything and everything to survive until you get into a better spot.

For me, I remembered my frustrations with an oppressive relationship and bought a newspaper every week checking for cheap places to live in the classifieds.

Patience, Hope and Adaptability.
>>
>>18610101

I agree with everything said above. I was with a guy for 4 years, because was my first, almost everything. I let him do 4 years a damage, instead of 4 years of discovering myself To learn to love myself, to be independent, to understand my good, and bad habits.

When I FINALLY broke up with my shitty Ex, I dated a guy for just a year before I moved out of state and we broke up, but in just a year, he managed to teach me a lot about myself because he believed in me (when he was struggling to believe in himself). He taught me what it was like on the receiving end of a relationship.

But after we broke up, I finally met my match, when I was led to an old friend, and we hit-it-off ever since then. We were so happy to hit our 5 year anniversary, and I was happy I crushed our time together with my terrible Ex.

A lot can happen in just a few years, and sometimes telling yourself "I won't settle" is what you need to do, even if its hard. "going through some bullshit" helps harden a soul, and teaches it the most valuable lessons in life, and what matters.

Things I simply learned are;

If the person you are with now were to continue to be exactly as they are 10 years from now, would you still want to be with them?

YOU cannot change someone. Desire to change comes from within one's self. If someone wants to change, they will make a point, to make it happen.

YOU determine the value of your life. YOU are responsible for your happiness in life, as well as your failures and success. Ensure you are satisfied with the results. It is the only true responsibility you have.
>>
>>18610071
>Well I've wasted a few years of my life, might as well waste more cause muh investment
Look up sunk cost fallacy
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.