[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle of nowhere for a job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: eAQhP8Q.jpg (191KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
eAQhP8Q.jpg
191KB, 1296x972px
So I got this offer for my current company after interning for 8 months. But they want me to move to the middle of nowhere 4000 miles away for 1 year. I have never been away from home before and I am scared robot. I need some advice. My major is not that great either, so I am not sure if I should take what I get. I am 22, just graduated college. Depressed. Scared.
>>
Do it. Leave your comfort zone, acquire growth.
>>
How do people do it? I have seen people do it so easily, like its nothing. How do you leave everything behind like that. Maybe its a chad thing?
>>
>>18610004
How much will you be compensated?
>>
Probably like 60 to 65K
>>
>>18610004
Is it actually the middle of nowhere?
>>
>>18610106
Yea it is. Its in a place where there is a lot of farms and crops.
>>
>>18610020
If you are single go for it. You are young and that is pretty good pay. I'm sure you wont always be stationed there. Where exactly is it anyway? If there is a town nearby and decent internet access you can fit in anywhere
>>
Where to?
>>
>>18610188
>>18610186
I don't want to give the exact place but its in the mid USA. I am from the suburbs of a decent coastal city in the US. Its so hard to make that decision. All I want to do is sleep 24/7, its the only way I can feel relaxed.
>>
>>18610214
You're anonymous. Why hide details?

Anyway just try it. Geographically it is a big change but it could be fun.
>>
>>18610214
Well if you're there for a year it's fine. I had a friend do a paper mill internship in the middle of nowhere South Dakota for about the same time and he enjoyed it. What are you worried about in the middle of nowhere? There's some cool stuff to see out there or at least places to visit in nearby states. It'll be a chance to truly be with yourself and discover who you are.
>>
>>18610243

Just to be extra safe! Whats your personality like? I feel like its hard for someone like me who just likes to go home and computer all day.
>>
>>18610214
You should do it. It will be good for you. I moved to Nebraska and wound up loving it. I had to move back to a bigger city and now I can't wait to move again to somewhere more rural. It's good to get outside your box too. And even if you don't like it you don't have to do it forever and it will be good job experience
>>
>>18610010
this.
do it op its alot of fun, absolutely nothing to be worried about. if your life is to stay home and do nothing, you wouldn't notice the change
>>
Just fucking go.

Btw, it's probably not literally in the middle of nowhere if they're flying you out and it's 65k starting - there's probably town centers within 30 minutes to an hour in all directions.

You might actually be pleasantly surprised. A lot of "coasties" somehow have this idea that nothing is important outside of their tiny bubbles when America is actually a vast, huge land with lots of beauty.
>>
Take the job. It's in the middle of nowhere so you can just save all of your money. After that year or so, you'll have tons of money in the bank and can go do whatever you please.
>>
>>18610252

Its mainly that I don't know anyone there and I am leaving all my friends and family behind. I have a hard time making friends so I got take what I got. Also, its just a big move, I can't really pinpoint to an exact reason.
>>
its fun, i moved to another country where I didnt speak the language with 20 years, 1000 km great experience, you can leanr to live on your own and be totally independant. There are probably other people there aswell, that you can make friends with, and even then its just a year in todays economy experience is more important than staying at home all your life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.