[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can people ever really change? Can I change?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mb4dtbjKt41rt17mio1_1280.jpg (167KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb4dtbjKt41rt17mio1_1280.jpg
167KB, 612x800px
Can people ever really change? Can I change?
>>
>>18609980
no, people are shitty.
you're shitty.
you probably hurt someone and will continue to do it because you can't commit to change.
>>
File: c51.jpg (100KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
c51.jpg
100KB, 740x746px
You change whether you want to or not, anon.

Your question really is, "Can I control what I change into as I go through life?"

The answer is yes, to some extent. Enough to be comfortable if you keep trying.
>>
>>18609980
That depends what you are trying to change.
>>
There's nurture and there's nature.

Some traits can be learned or unlearned, but some shit is your default and probably will not be easy to break out of.
>>
>>18609991
I want to remove my bad habits and create and stick with good habits so I can become the person I want to be.
>>
File: 1441525145894.gif (3MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1441525145894.gif
3MB, 350x263px
>>18609980
No
>>18609982
>no, people are shitty.
yes
>you're shitty.
spot on
>you probably hurt someone and will continue to do it because you can't commit
now you are projecting
>>18609985
>You change whether you want to or not, anon.
yeah, you get old and your psyche degrades making your inherent strengths and weakness evident.
>>18609991
>That depends what you are trying to change.
probably his dick size
>>
>>18610000
That depends what those habits are, and who you want to be.
>>
People can change but imo it only happens with proper motivation and a reason to either because of the situation or an event.

The cliche story of a fat fuck becoming jacked and obsessing calories happens often but won't until they take a look at themselves in the mirror and want to stop being called fat or have had health problems.

Guys who have bad habits/are lazy will often shape up provided they meet the right woman or are hit with a situation where the only other option is to be known as a loser such as suddenly finding out you're to be a father or on the verge of becoming homeless.

Personally attending funerals has been a wakeup call to stop slacking and to get shit in order.

Time also takes its toll which goes hand in hand with self evaluation. A 30 year old is more likely to change a bad habit that's been self destructive than a 20 year old who has got many more chances to fuck up.
>>
>>18610014
Really bad habits:
>Grinding my teeth
>Punching myself when stressed
>Spending entire days sitting in front of my computer playing games, watching videos, fapping, browsing 4chan etc.
>Suicidal thoughts
>Doubling down on the aforementioned habits when especially stressed or anxious

Desired habits:
>Exercising regularly
>Studying regularly
>Getting proper, consistent sleep
>Making real meals
>Reuniting and communicating with friends
>Reading more books
>Cleaning my room
>Behaving less fearful around women
>Caring about and for myself
>>
>>18610041
are you me?
>>
>>18610041
>grinding my teeth
you can stop this while you're awake, but you might want to see some docs for help with this happening in your sleep

>punching myself when stressed
yeah an just don't do that

>spending entire days doing nothing much
yeah find something else and do it

>suicidal thoughts
it's impossible to just stop thoughts, but these will fade away once you feel less miserable and helpless

>doubling down on the habits when I'm feeling stressed or anxious
I think this is a part of learning to do the habits less in general

>exercising regularly
someone's who lifestyle, diet, and sleep is half-right should want to exercise. maybe you haven't found the method of exercise that works for you. I like biking and running on a treadmill, because I can zone out and keep a consistent pace

>studying regularly
I think you need to be in a certain mental place when it comes to energy, focus, and motivation. It's hard to focus on studying when you're thinking about suicide and trying not to be in extreme misery. if the feeling is restlessness, exercise and/or a change of scenery will help.

>making real meals
yeah just do it

>getting proper, consistent sleep
this one is a real project. it's not simple, but each method on its own is pretty simple
-sleep enough
-go to sleep on time
-wake up on time
-stay active while awake
-be inactive while trying to sleep
-don't get angry if you can't sleep
-try antihistamines
-try melatonin if you're in deep enough shit that you'd otherwise be taking ambien or trazodone or seroquel
-use flux or night mode on your devices
-turn lights off
-have the room at a comfortable temperature
-drink enough water
-piss before

>reuniting and communicating with old friends
just make sure you are socializing with someone agreeable and not negative every day. you need to get your health in order before worrying about who is and isn't your friend

>reading more books
this is the same as studying, but it requires a little bit less focus

(con'td)
>>
>>18610041
>cleaning my room
do it as soon as you are done with this thread, or as soon as you wake up tomorrow morning

>behaving less fearful around women
women you aren't trying to have sex with? think of gender as a made up thing. talk to women and men the same way. if you're trying to have sex with them? be someone they ought to have sex with.

>caring about and for myself
you do care about and for yourself, just not as effectively as you would like
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.