[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How/when do I break up with my gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 7242183891`.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
7242183891`.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
OK so I've got a gf of 2 years who I thought I was going to marry one day but this last 6 or so months has really sucked. Not just because of her, but she hasn't helped.

I've only just started to notice how sensitive she is and how the slightest comment from anyone can put her in a shitty mood. She also suffers from anxiety and depression, both of which I've had problems with myself so I know how tough it is, but at the same time I feel like I have to baby her constantly and her anxiety gets in the way of so many things, even getting a bus can take a Herculean effort.

She's also obsessed with doing stuff with her family, who a for the most part are nice, but I also sense the dad could snap at any moment. I don't have anything in common with any of them so the meetings are awkward.

Then there's the constant whinging that she thinks I'm going to leave her for someone 'better' This seems to be a running theme in my relationship and holy shit is it frustrating. I only get in relationships I feel like I can 100% commit to so when I'm constantly having to reassure her than no I'm not going to run off with a more attractive girl at the first opportunity

We don't have much in common interests wise, but we do have similar beliefs and feelings about the important stuff I guess.

But now that stuff seems trivial and I'm miserable and want out. The only problem is it's her birthday in a fortnight. I dunno what the fuck to do because if I end it before I look like the worst guy ever, especially as we're doing a big family thing for it. But even if I wait it's going to suck for her with her current anxiety and low mood. What the fuck do I do?

also I've never properly broken up with someone before. What should I actually say when the act actually happens?
>>
Have you actually talked to her about things you said here or you just keep it inside until you get to the point of nuclear meltdown?
>>
>>18609211
No idea about what to say but if you simply can't handle this weakling faggotry anymore then you definitely need to break up with her ASAP. She'll either kys or grow the fuck up and choosing between these is needed.
>>
>>18609221
This is the problem because with some things she's really good, like she'll admit she can be too sensitive and needy but with other things like her pushing me away with the 'You're gonna meet someone else' shit.. it's the same response every time which is basically 'I don't feel on your level, loads of other girls like you and I'm just average.. blah blah'

She's a girl with low-self esteem, super sensitive and has an anxiety disorder and bouts of depression. It's such a frustrating mix because there's times my heart breaks for her, but other times I want to shout at her and tell her to pull herself together.

I've gone from really like how she makes me feel and I've changed so much for the better since getting with her but slowly overtime she's kinda dragged me down with her and now I'm nearly always irritable and going to bed in bad moods and having to send her mountains of text to cheer her up on an almost daily basis.
>>
>>18609252
This changes the situation a bit but it still is basically the same - decide for yourself about what to do. It is good that she can admit it but admitting a problem does not equal fixing it. Are you becoming either aggressive or a pathetic weakling like her ? If so then I would advise you to break up, but what do I know. Wait for somebody with some tips on how to explain this to her. My mother is like this and it has scarred my personality pretty fucking badly when I was younger but I've mostly fixed myself since and can be considered as a normal human now. My point in telling you this is that this pathetic behavior can hurt other people too, which is why considering a break up is a good idea.
>>
>>18609252
Okay i had a case similar to that, ended it after almost 4 years. Imo dont break up before her birthday, a week or so after it have a talk about everything wrong with your current situation.
Do not boost her insecurities by talking same shit over n over again, tell her smth like if you hadnt ran after 2 years you are probably not kind of guy whos life resolves around boob size n shit like that but be sure to put an end to it and just shrug it off if she tries to bring it up again.

Now if you had serious conversation give her some time, people dont change over night. Be there for her. If behaviour improves over time, bingo! If not dumpland is the only solution. Although pay attention to how she feels and behaves, she might quit bothering you with nonsense but if she didnt really get over it, it will eat hrr from inside making her sad/depressed -> conversation -> observe -> if no improvement again dumpland.

Break up part is gonna be tough, state your reasons and be prepared for all kind of shit. Expect lots of tears, beging, i will change promises, suicide threats are not excluded n all other kind of bullshit. Try to calm her down to some degree but do not change your mind.
She will probably break down but you may be doing her a favour since she has a chance to get her self together.
>>
>>18609252
I broke up with my gf over similar issues. Basically her being defensive and never admittng she was wrong over anything. I wish I would have insisted she go to therapy instead of breaking up with her. I went to counseling after we broke up, and within 4 sessions my disposition and personality has changed a lot for the better. But that bridge has been burned now.

Talk to her about going to see a counselor, and when she agrees to it, schedule the appointment for her. My gf agreed she needed professional help, but she never got around to make an appointment. I wish I would have taken it into my hands and scheduled one for her, but I didn't. I got frustrated and left. You can always leave, but you can't go back. She doesn't seem like a bad person, and you don't seem to resent her, more like you're at your wits end. So I recommend her trying counseling and then if she doesn't improve you can make a decision, and with more confidence.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.