[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bored?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2376.jpg (18KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
18KB, 235x215px
What do you do when you're bored?

I've been bored all day. I had a lesson in the morning and went to the gym afterward. I've just been sitting watching TV for the past 5 hours. Nothing else to do. Tomorrow will be the same.
>>
>>18609188

you need a hobby.
>>
>>18609190

I have one. But it's very expensive
>>
>>18609192

pick a secondary hobby then.
>>
>>18609194

I don't really know what. The things I like are all expensive. I do them, but I can't do them all the time
>>
>>18609199

your choices are
A) just continue doing nothing or
B) explore cheaper hobbies.
>>
>>18609202

I don't really have any ideas Tbh.

I mean, I live in northern VA, USA. Everything is expensive here, and traffic is always shit so to drive anywhere takes forever and is frustrating.
>>
>>18609208

>i dont really have any ideas DESU

google is your friend. literally search 'list of cheap hobbies'.

>Everything is expensive here

no its not.

>and i dont like driving

plenty of hobbies you can do from home. you only have to buy a guitar once. after some basic lessons you'll be good to go. or buy a single tablet and you're set for a year of making comics and animating. or just pirate some software and make your own video game. read a book about writing, then write a book.

by a camera and one LED light and go out and make a movie. alternate between your instrument and writing on different days, or fuck do all of the above.
>>
>>18609199
so then pick a hobby that isn't a consumable.
>>
>>18609212

I'll try google I guess.

Things are expensive tho. I kind of want to go to the National Aquarium. But it's a 2 hour drive each way, $30 parking and $50 entry ticket. Most things are like that here. To go into downtown Washington DC. I'd pay $20 for parking at the metro, $15 round trip on the metro, and then pay whatever I spend down there.

I'm going to the store right now to get ingredients to make homeade tacos tho
>>
>>18609220
How is going to aquarium a hobby you nutcracker?
>>
>>18609230

lol it's not, it was just a thing to do that popped into my head. Although I do like reading and watching shows about sharks
>>
>>18609220
those aren't hobbies dude. a hobby is something like programming, woodworking, guitar, piano, violin, playing with legos, drawing, 3d modeling, clay sculpting, blowing dudes in a walmart bathroom, bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading.
>>
File: temporary.jpg (388KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
temporary.jpg
388KB, 1440x1080px
>>18609242

I like walking and taking scenic pictures. (Pic related).

But the shitty part is, I have to drive somewhere to walk. I used to be able to walk near my house and it was nice and quiet. But FUCK load of shitskins moved it. Not even joking, but they are always all outside, their kids running down the middle of the road loud as fuck. So it's not peaceful anymore
>>
>>18609188
just smoke weed like everyone else
>>
File: IMG_2378.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2378.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18609317

I just made some tacos!
>>
>>18609220
NoVaFat here. Since when does it cost $20 to park at the metro? $15 round trip on metro - it's not that much even in rush hour.
>>
>>18609359

I'm including 267 toll to Whiele-Reston
>>
>>18609192
What is your expensive hobby?
>>
>>18609412

I fly airplanes once a week
>>
File: ._. hmm.jpg (7KB, 261x210px) Image search: [Google]
._. hmm.jpg
7KB, 261x210px
>>18609329
What are their content? It look like rice, lettuce, chesse (I don't recognise what kind) and avocado or guacamole.
>>
>>18609242
Don't listen to this anon, all those hobbies are boring as shit. Instruments? This generation doesn't listen to live performances anymore it's all synthesized, and if you want to make music you just open up some software. Playing with legos? What the fuck are you, 5? Skateboarding? Ya, because doing a kickflip for the thousandth time never gets old huh.

Just play video games OP. You pay 20$ for a online game and you get thousands of hours of entertainment and socialization. All this other stuff people are recommending is boring work-related stuff.
>>
>>18609598
Good goy
Play video games and consume without making anything yourself. Fill that void by buying more.
>>
File: Deformed curiosity.jpg (51KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
Deformed curiosity.jpg
51KB, 612x491px
>>18609242
>blowing dudes in a walmart bathroom
Maybe OP isn't that desperate.
>>
Go on 4chan and call people retarded
>>
File: 135.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>18609598
>You pay 20$ for a online game...

Can you recommend online games with that price, please?
>>
>>18609633
CS:GO is the most played game and it's 15$, 5$ when it's on sale. Some people put more than 5000 hours into CS:GO. Unless you're a casual shitter who plays shitty triple A titles crammed with DLC, gaming is the cheapest hobby you can have.
>>
>>18609642
most played game on steam* I meant to write.
>>
>>18609642
Any other titles?
>>
>>18609658
I don't know what genre you prefer but these are games I think have a good cost : hours played ratio
Rust - 20$
osu! - free
Rocket League - 20$
Black Desert Online - 10$
Minecraft - 27$
Overwatch - 40$
Starcraft 2 - 30$
>>
>>18609658
Dirty Bomb is also a great game if you're on a budget.
>>
>>18609556

4 different Mexican cheeses, and ground beef.

No avocado or guacamole
>>
>>18609683
Cheaper if you go full goyum on g2a
>>
>>18609683
Hopefully the Universim will be good when it's released.
>>
>>18609598
I guarantee if you're getting thousands of hours out of a game that you are not using it as a hobby or for entertainment, you're addicted.
>>
>>18609865
Addiction is a buzzword mainstream society uses to shame things they arbitrarily deem socially unacceptable. You don't see anyone calling a chess grandmaster an addict, do you? Even though competitive chess is essentially the same thing as a competitive video game, just with a different set of rules. The only difference is that chess is a tradition and isn't constantly attacked by the media like video games are. Parents will actually encourage their kids to play chess because they think it makes them smart, and discourage videogames when infact many video games have far more strategic depth than chess. Compare chess, a game with a limited amount of pieces on the board and a limited amount of moves to make, to a game like starcraft, with seemingly infinite variables and an infinite skill ceiling, for example.
>>
>>18609897
> shower with your dad
> Teaches strategy
Lul
>>
>>18609598

>Just play video games

It's far better to get into something constructive, than consumptive. To have associated pleasure with some activity that creates content or improves valuable skill is a verrry desirable thing. You enrich yourself and society - even the world sometimes. As opposed to pure consumption, where you offer only pleasure, and only to yourself.

t. Video game enthusiast
>>
>>18609897
>trying to compare chess to counter strike, rust, rocket league, anime titty games, minecraft, overwatch, and starcraft 2.
>>
>>18609971
Chess teaches strategy , xcom 2 teaches strategy
> profit ??!?
>>
>>18609971
Actually I only compared it to starcraft.
>>
Get gf
>>
>>18609598
>Playing with legos? What the fuck are you, 5?

>Video Games??? A man's hobby!

Dude, end yourself, vidya is the worst hobby there is
>>
>>18610045

No
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.