[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking to strangers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: fidget spinners.jpg (60KB, 1080x854px) Image search: [Google]
fidget spinners.jpg
60KB, 1080x854px
How do I make friends with people I don't know or seem to share common ground with at all? I don't even know how to approach them irl, nor what to say to them in a chat.
>>
Why would you want to be friends with someone you have no common ground with. I think you are going about this in the wrong way.

I'm terrible with making friends but I've found that if you spend enough time together, at work, in the dorms, whatever, that you will find something to talk about. My current best friend only really became more than an acquaintance because our wives were friends from class.

What is your situation? How old are you? I can give more specific advice only when you give more details
>>
>>18608952
22 need to get a real job rather than doing the university thing atm, pretty poor

lots of randoms online are open to meeting new people, but I have no idea how to initiate conversation with them. at the bar, I'm a living meme of someone who doesn't actually want to be there.
>>
When you get a job try there. The more important thing is to have frequent contact.
If you can, try joining a club at school or looking at meet up.com to see if there is a hobby or something interesting you can find.

Start there or try on your own. Maybe you have a neighbor that plays the same computer games or something. Reach out, put out a bulletin or page on your mailbox to see if your neighbors want to hang or drink at your place
>>
Learn about a really wide range of topics, so that you can connect to a really wide range of people. Start with stuff like sports, tv shows, movies, and music, since almost everyone likes those. As you get more comfortable with those, start adding on more introverted hobbies like books and anime. Finally, it helps to be super knowledgeable in one specific thing, is it gives you something to stand out from the crowd.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>18608967
If you are set on meeting people online I dont know how to help. Its never really been my thing.
But whether you are out at a bar or at the park. You need to be open for new things yourself. Try saying yes to things you wouldn't have before and insert yourself into situations where you feel appropriate. If you wait for an invitation you may never get one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.