[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

long distance relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1480793758250.jpg (22KB, 552x746px) Image search: [Google]
1480793758250.jpg
22KB, 552x746px
My BF went off to college several hundred miles away, we only ever get to talk over skype anymore, but we've been talking less and less and he pays less attention to me than he used to, I thought I know I can wait for him, but I'm afraid he isn't waiting for me, does this sort of relationship ever work?

Pic probably unrelated, I just clicked one without looking, I'm pretty upset right now, we were supposed to spend today together in skype and he hasn't been on.
>>
Sometimes it works but you can be sure at least one person fucked someone else and did not say anything.
I mean how will you ever know if he did?
>>
Some people use the long distance as an excuse to get with other people, not like you will find out.
>>
>>18608819
>>18608826
I feel like a lead weight just got put around my neck. Is it reasonable that maybe his power is out or his ISP is out, and maybe he hasn't been giving me the same attention because he's busy with studying? I want to marry him, I'm in crisis mode right now
>>
>>18608813
Just break up, you'll be doing both of you a favor. Let him experience college life. If you don't, he's going to resent you once he sees all of his friends banging college babes.
>>
>>18608850
Anything is possible.
Can be he is just busy.
But no matter what is happening you will always worry and it will always get worse.
Best thing to do is to let him go and if you and him are still down; get back together later or after he is out of college.
That way there is less stress for both of you.
>>
Well it works if you have trust and communication. If he's not telling you something and you're concerned, bring it up with him. Could be something simple like he's swarmed with work. Or he's getting used to college life and doing other things. Just ask. If it seems suspicious then evaluate from there.
>>
>>18608870
What I want to believe is he blew off today because he's sleeping, he did just move several time zones away, and he stayed up really late last night, it just bothers me a lot that we made a date to spend all day together in skype and it's almost time for me to go to work and he still hasn't been on.
>>
The key is to be honest. I would like to believe that if you were meant to be together you will be together. But it just oversimplyfies our lifes doesnt it? I say take some action go to him and talk, break up, or pinky swear you ll be waiting for each other. Doing nothing and overthinking your relationship makes everything worse. You are young you can always get back together in few years, or maybe in 6 months you will barely remember this guy. The point is try not to predict the future and live in present, because present builds the future. People shouldn't keep each othetr on the hook just to boost their ego. You can be together for now but ask him to be honest, and if he feels like banging another chick is more important than your relationship, ask him to warn you and tell you about it.You do the same. Maybe it will hurt but you will know what are his priorities and in the end honesty will pay off.

Just dont make fool out of yourself and fuck somebody because you assume that he fucked somebody, he will do the same and both of you will lie to each other, smileing on the outside but being eaten up by jealousy and hateing yourselves on the inside
>>
>>18608813
Depends on the couple. I have a whole section of my family that all got married through long distance relationships and have even had multiple ones that ended fine one way or another.

I, on the other hand, can't handle them at all but I know this and don't try to engage in them.

No one here can answer this for you with some very specific details of the situation.
>>
>>18608894
You make a good point, I'd never sleep with another guy just because I thought he was cheating, that isn't who I am, but I do have a lot of vacation days stored up since I've never taken one. I think I'm going to put in a request for a week off and go see him in person. I'm still incredibly nervous and upset about this, but I think you at least steered me in the right direction.
>>
>>18608893
>we made a date to spend all day together in skype

eh, that seems a bit much
>>
>>18608850
When I left for college my life changed so quickly it was hard to adjust. I wasn't fooling around with other women or anything, I was just having a good time.

I'm married now and my wife has the same problem with me. I'm absolutely devoted but I tend to enjoy the moment and I usually forget to call her for most of the trip. If he loves you he will do his absolute best to be faithful. But he's also a guy and maybe doesn't think its as necessary to check in all the time.

Personally I think you should loosen then reigns and relax. There is nothing you can do but worry yourself to death even when he doesn't see it as an issue.
He is making new friends and trying to adjust. That being said I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I've never met him. In the end there is very little that you can do and long distance relationships are very tough on both parties.

If he keeps this behavior up you might just have to tell him to enjoy himself and work hard and that you will pick it back up in the summer if you are both interested.
Stay strong and don't let him forget about you
>>
>>18608813
You sound like me but reversed. Started out LDR with my girlfriend, we tried our best to visit each other and have a normal relationship. But the doubt was always there in my mind, late nights when she's out with her friends or when she doesn't answer me for long periods of time. We did the same song and dance for 8 long years. We talked about marriage, moving in together, having kids, the whole works.

Just a week ago we fought and she broke up with me, didn't officially end it until yesterday via text. She still won't tell me why.

I know what you'll be going through in the worst case, so take my advice. Start distancing yourself and prepare for the worst. Cynical advice from a jaded and broken man.
>>
>>18608893
Bring it up to him next time you talk. Worst thing you can do is bombard him while he's doing whatever he's doing and make him feel trapped.

And the fact that you're long distance, sometimes things come up in real life. It'll happen for both of you. If he's given you no reason to believe he'd be doing something, don't worry about it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.