[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He texts his ex every day ep2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: aXm8073xjU.jpg (96KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm8073xjU.jpg
96KB, 650x650px
I posted about this the other day and yous told me to talk to him about it. Well I did and instead of actually talking about it he deflected to telling me that he was upset that I helped my ex towards getting a job the other day. Because I wanted to be a decent human I needed to talk to ex for at least the afternoon to get his info and send it off to whoever. And I told my partner about it because I figured since I was so messed up about him talking to his ex all the time that I shouldn't hide it. Now he's all grumpy and won't speak to me.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here but I feel like every time I try to have a heart to heart conversation with him he just tries to turn it into a competition where he has to win. I don't know what to do.
>>
And I know it would make more sense to talk to maybe some friends who understand the situation better instead of internet strangers but I have a hard time making and maintaining friends. Though I assume that's probably pretty obvious by now.
>>
>>18608187
*colour
>>
Sounds like a tough situation. You're going to have to turn it into a serious talk and when he tries to deflect, call him on it. This is not an easy thing to do of course, but it's either this or let it keep going into whatever it is right now.

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, sometimes people are just difficult. If he's starting to have feelings for an ex and talk to them all the time again, and you KNOW it, you're going to have to tell him you don't give a shit if he doesn't like it, he'll have to talk about it.

Maybe not so harshly, but that's what it will have to be. Don't let him (or anyone) play a mind game on you that turns you into the bad guy when they're the one in question. It's the oldest ""Alpha"" trick in the book. I've done it. Not proud of it.
>>
>>18608187
>every time he just tries to turn it to a competition where he has to win
Run for the hills lol, this is not a personality trait that changes.
>>
>>18608187
this all depends on your post relationship, relationship with your ex. Was the guy some old family friend or you high school bf or some guy you rarely speak with or a guy that turns to you constantly and you to him to fix shit and why can't a functioning ex find his own job?
>>
>>18608275
He told me that I don't understand because they've been friends for 8 years and dated for 6 of those 8. And to be honest I'm not sure how that's supposed to reassure me. What it does is makes me feel bad for telling him to distance himself. He promises me that it's nothing different then how he talks to any of his other friends but just the fact that she is in the forefront of his mind everyday bothers me.

Either way I ended up apologizing to try and get him to stop thinking it was an argument, let him think he won I don't give a shit. I just want him to actually consider my feelings.

But maybe you're right, maybe I should have pushed him about it more?

>>18608433
But he has a good butt anon.
>>
>>18608187
I would never discuss this with you, ever. Your actions, taken on your own without a head up before hand, speaks louder than any damage control you want to spin now. I know, your ex knows and your bf knows who is the number one man in your life. Again OP the time to speak to your bf was before you did anything. Not saying you have to ask permission but hey this is what I plan to do for ex and why.
>>
>>18608453
We met in college, I rarely speak with him now, him reaching out to me the other day was somewhat surprising desu. The only reason I helped was because I was able to recommend him to someone I knew already the the company. We work in the same industry and it's not weird to help out in this way. It's only weird since he's an ex.
>>
>>18608275
Why not tell the bf beforehand? Huh?
>>
>>18608464
Then why didn't you give your bf a heads up instead of hiding it until after?
>>
>>18608460
And somehow his actions say nothing? Come on man at least I told him what I did whereas I only know about him talking to his ex because of seeing it on his phone much as he tries to hide it.
>>
>>18608472
For one, I didn't think I needed to ask anytime I speak to someone who might upset him. Considering, once again, it doesn't seem to be a problem for him. I knew I should tell him though and I did, I didn't even wait until the next day, or a week later, I fucking told him the same day. I didn't think it would bother him so much and I apologized when it did. He has literally hung out in a group with his ex since we've been together without me being there and he's only told me after the fact. Everything he does tells me that this shouldn't have been an issue.
>>
>>18608478
His actions I would separate and I do. I wouldn't be with your bf, period. Total disrespect. I cut a long time female friend of 13 years, whom I never fucked, because she disrespected my relationship with my wife. Your bf has absolutely no excuses for this. Again, don't get into a tit for tat when you clearly from the jump had the high ground.
>>
>>18608499
That's the thing, I feel like I have more of a high ground too but he refuses to see an issue with speaking to her.
I don't think either of us want to break up over this, so as much as appreciate your suggestion to do so I would rather find a way around this.
>>
>>18608517
Then you have to live with the resentment and hurt because he's never going to change, there is no incentive. He has two gf's and both of you allow it. He already has filed your help to get your friend a job as far worse than what he does daily.
>>
>>18608540
I see what you're saying. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18608268
>colour
fuck off yuropcuck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.