[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear and Cowardice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1502055637688.png (103KB, 1437x908px) Image search: [Google]
1502055637688.png
103KB, 1437x908px
I can't get over the feeling I'm a coward. I have so many fears and anxieties, and each time I confront one it feels like I'll never be able to get over it. It doesn't help that I feel like this cowardice trait will be baked into my thought if I don't sort it out before 25. How do I go about making myself less of a coward?
>>
Pick your absolute worst fear, get hyped about dealing with it, and everything else is easier.
Or join the army, seems to sort a lot of people out.
>>
>>18608308
Shit, that's a good idea. What if my biggest fear is something like having my life ruined or my peer group ostracizing me though?
>>
>>18608151
you're no coward, feeling fear is natural, and it's possible for your wildest most irrational fears to come true. you just have to learn to control upon what urges you act on.

challenge yourself and remember that in the beginning you'll fail most of your challenges and you'll feel even more fearful and anxious, but as long as you keep on going you'll improve
>>
>>18608151

You sound a bit obsessive. I say that because you picked an arbitrary date to mark when your "cowardice" becomes permanent. I'd suggest some proffesional help, they'll provide you with good tools to deal with this.
>>
>>18608342
Would that be like OCD? Isn't that a permanent disorder? I read some studies that after around the age of 25, your brain is pretty much set in its ways in terms of personality change. You can learn new skills, but you can't ever learn new personality traits. So if someone doesn't put in the effort, though one day they may be more outgoing for instance, they'll always turn back to being shy if left to their own devices.
>>
>>18608373
>Would that be like OCD?

I'm no doctor. I meant "obsessive" in the general term of "obessing over things". For example, and arbitrary date.

Obsessing over "worst case scenarios" is also something you seem to do, if you are afraid of a lot of things all the time.

That's why I sent you to a proffesional. Because if you latch unto things and fixate on them, then you'd need someone to be there for you regularly, not a bunch of strangers online.
>>
>>18608395
It sucks to be dependent, but I guess you're right. I'll look into finding a local therapist.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.