[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finish degree or what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1485744422551.png (40KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485744422551.png
40KB, 255x200px
I started uni 9 years ago, but never graduated due to clinical depression, apathy towards all subject matters/majors, and just generally not having any idea what I wanted to do with my life. I decided to major in Anthropology (I know, I know) because it seemed to have the most lenient graduation requirements; I was just looking for the easiest way out of school because I was sick of reading and writing about shit I don't care about, but still wanted a degree of some sort to make my resume look better. I didn't (and still don't) actually care all that much about the field and have no interest in any careers related to it (assuming those even exist). But I never actually finished the program.

I have 102 out of the required 120 credits to graduate. I don't know whether to just suck it up and finish the damn degree despite it being in a fairly-useless field or go in a completely different direction, which would take more time and money. The problem is I still have no clear idea what I want to do for a living; all I can think of is something low stress and easygoing. It's almost like I don't really care what it is I'm doing as long as the work environment is nice and the company treats its employees fairly.

Given my noncommittal attitude towards careers and life in general, should I just finish what I've started despite it not being the most useful of degrees? Maybe try to find a comfortable job somewhere that just wants someone with ANY degree? Like some generic civil service/paper pusher job? I don't know what to do. Maybe someone here's been in a similar situation and has relevant advice?
>>
>>18608045
you might be able to transfer a lot of those credits to another major, talk to your advisor and find out.
>>
>>18608072
Problem is I'm in the liberal arts college and most of the majors they offer are about on-par with anthropology in terms of usefulness. Not sure if switching to a different one would be a net gain, really.

There are some hard science degrees, but I'm a brainlet who cannot into math and shit. Getting through math and physics and biology in high school was enough of a struggle. Since I have no passion for any of those fields anyway, I think it's safe to just say I'm not cut out for them and look at other options.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.