[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trust, friendship and loyalty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1485276716477727.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1485276716477727.png
291KB, 375x523px
So I've internalized that, as a man, no woman will "love me unconditionally" like the Disney stories say they will. They will love, sure, but it'll be conditional regarding what I can provide to her.

This has gotten me being equally skeptical about concepts of trust, loyalty and 'true' friendship, mainly with other men.

If the trope is to take women off the pedestal, should men be taken off the pedestal as well, as friends? They tell you in life that you'll only have 1-5 friends you can count on to have your back and be there for you when shit goes south, but I'm beginning to see the patterns of flakiness and selfishness in them too.

Is there anyone really in life that you can trust to not fuck you over? I know your parents are supposed to be that support for you, but what if you're not close to them or come from a fucked home? what then?
>>
>>18608027
>So I've internalized that, as a man, no woman will "love me unconditionally" like the Disney stories say they will.
Good, It means you grew up.
>If the trope is to take women off the pedestal, should men be taken off the pedestal as well, as friends?
Definitely, we're talking about people after all, men aren't better than women morallywise like some want to believe in.
>Is there anyone really in life that you can trust to not fuck you over?
Yes and no, you can trust someone, but there's no guarantee that they will always be loyal to you, you have no control over this.
>I know your parents are supposed to be that support for you, but what if you're not close to them or come from a fucked home? what then?
Focus more in yourself than on the ability to depend on people, nobody owe you anything, even your parents, that's the harsh truth, if the quality of your life is dictated by how many people you have supporting you, then, be prepared to play a luck game for the rest of your life.

Try reading about stoicsm, its a good philosophy, and will help you to rely more on yourself than in others, so they will not have the power to fuck you over.
>>
Let me put it this way, what people want from you isn't always something you don't want to give away. As far as friends go, mine keep me around because they like my jokes and advice. I hang around them because I like their jokes and they care about what I have to say. No one will love you or like you unconditionally, but some people will love you or like you because of who you are. I mean do you only like your friends because you can mooch off of them?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.