[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Change myself for her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: personality-change[1].jpg (45KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
personality-change[1].jpg
45KB, 600x441px
Hi /adv/,

my best friend often criticizes me in very substantial personal traits. I deeply love her and she loves me, but she is currently ending (or not?) her last long-term relationship and it is not sure that we get together at some point. I hope to, but at this point (half a year after we told each other) I am just not sure anymore.

I definitely have some flaws that I need to work at, I am in therapy (depression) for a reason and do my best to treat her as good as I can. But since this critique goes on for quite a while and sometimes hit very deep I started to wonder if it is worth it to change myself so dramatically at so many points. Or will she stop to love the person I am to become, as he will be in some parts different from the person I was when she fell in love with me?

What do you think?
>>
No she won't, find another girl
>>
>>18608023
If she bond with a man to the point of falling in love with him while already in a relationship, she is not gf material, the same thing will happen to you, to her next bf, and to the next one, its never ending cicle. Find a woman who understand the boundaries of a relationship and accept who you are, don't change your substantial traits for anyone!(i even doubt its possible t b h) also, don't chase taken women, nothing good come out of it, have some self respect.
>>
You're disgusting for trying anything with a girl who's taken. It's shows you're weak and lack both morals and respect.

She's disgusting for cheating, same reasons. She won't be loyal to you or anyone else. It's a cycle that continues, the only difference is if she ever gets caught again.

Block her, and work on being something other than a week piece of shit.
>>
>>18608471
This so much. The only victim is her current BF. She will hurt you OP if you do this.
>>
Should have omitted that part about her relationship. Guys, I still don't know what I am doing there, but it is entirely different from what you currently think. And the stuff you commented on was not the topic of my question. So if you would please answer to that question?
>>
To say a few things about that stuff: She never cheated on anyone, we have never had sex nor even really kissed. She is morally supporting him because he has the worst kind of depression right know and she won't just leave him in there, if at all. I am only! her best friend and we know about each others very strong feelings, that's it. Don't judge about something you just assume, please.
>>
>>18608023
You should of course strive to etter yourself, but don't change yourself for other people.
>>
First of all, if you're sensitive to criticism don't even bother posting here, you're not always going to read what you want to, try /r/relationships next time.

>>18609381
>So if you would please answer to that question?
>will she stop to love the person I am to become, as he will be in some parts different from the person I was when she fell in love with me?
We have a contradiction here, you claim she criticizes substantial traits of you, but at the same time, you're affraid that changing would make her lose interest on you?! If i had to pick one, i wouldn't change at all, not worth the risk, focus on your depression, this should be your priority
>>18609386
>She never cheated on anyone, we have never had sex nor even really kissed.
Emotional cheating is still cheating, you wouldn't it like if you were in her boyfriend's shoes, don't even try to imply otherwise.
>I am only! her best friend and we know about each others very strong feelings, that's it. Don't judge about something you just assume, please.
Believe it or not, you have nothing unique with this girl, many have been there before, what we assume, is what we've seen many times before, here, and some irl in my case, i must warn you that the outcome is mostly far from what is idealized, but feel free to ignore if you want to.
>>
>>18609386

You're having an emotional affair. Period. It shows a severely lacking amount of morals and respect.

That aside, you emotionally immature shit, you should never change who you are for someone beyond micro improvements in say, scheduling or budgeting.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.