[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUCCESS in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 20 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 20 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 25K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
Don't have the mindset you should be making the same as people who have been doing it for years , be prepared to start at the bottom and work your way up
>>
>>18607802
Good advice, and it's an important mindset to have.
>>
>>18607786
Is watching sports a waste of time? I just don't want to waste 100 or 1000s of hours drinking beer or being entertained

Dude people have been entertaining themselves for year. Some people build/collect things. Others get competitive in sports or games.

Just because something is modern doesn't mean it's bad or childish. Is it any better to waste your time buying a motercycle and riding it around the country. You'll have a good time but in the end all you gained is a memory and the joy that came with it.

Not everybody is cut out for hobbies that turn into life skills. We all can't build cars for fun and sell them for spare cash.

But sure dude, play a game. You might not even like it! There's nothing wrong with trying something new. Unless it's hardcore drugs
>>
>>18607786

Copy pasta detected.
>>
>>18607786

If you want to be successful - really successful - quit or severely limit the games.

Games aren't bad - it's just that they're too good of sn entertainment source. All you'll ever want to do is play games. And MMO's/esport are the worst, as they're essentially perpetual experiences.

Second, adopt a mindset of learning. Don't know what to do with you money? Research it. Want to know the best practices for success? Google it.
Knowledge is power and never stop learning. Everything you could want to learn is at your fingertips - avail it.

Other concepts: self improvement, discipline, and work ethic.

Lastly, a concrete recommendation: How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie. It is the first and most popular self improvement book there is, and nothing has really surpassed it.
>>
>how do you achieve success in life ?

You're either a manchild which expects that somebody will tell you a complete tutorial on how to achieve this, but I suppose that you already know that no such thing exists. Maybe you're one of those kids that expect citacions and phrases of motivational origin but this is definitely not the place for cancerous faggotry like that.

>is playing games retarded ?

Everybody needs a hobby of some kind, no matter how childish or stupid it is. I suppose that as long as it is just a "hooby" and not your primary hustle then you're fine to play them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.