[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sad as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

My first ever girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm all alone. She's blocked me on social platform there is. What do I do to get over her?
>>
>>18607745
This answer should be a sticky note at the top of /adv/ . Someone go through the archives and cut-paste the answer.
>>
>>18607745
How long were you together? My first ever girlfriend of 8 years broke up with me without even giving me a reason and did the same thing yours did. I'd like an answer on this too.
>>
>>18607745
You could kill yourself. Worked for me.
>>
Give it some time.
>>
>>18607745
Okay, here's what you do:

You hurt. And then you're going to hurt some more. And then you're going to repeat that process every day for a while, until it starts hurting less. And it will after a while. And eventually it will start hurting so little that you can go out and function and find a new girlfriend, who will most likely dump you later on so you can start the process over again.

You can try exercising, or putting your energy into a hobby, or focusing on getting a new girl, but the truth is you just need time to mourn the relationship, process the loss, and move.
>>
>>18607849
Well put.
>>
>>18607849
I think
>>18607839
is the better option.

I had 2 girls in love with me, and I couldn't decide between them. Eventually I picked one. 2 years on, I'm engaged to the one I picked, and the choice still haunts me to this day. I still haven't got over the other girl.
>>
Threads similar to this have been here a million times and it's getting boring already, but I'll answer you anyway. The last time this shit happened I suggested OP to think about it a bit - if the girl broke up with you for some pathetic reason, then there's no reason to love her in the first place. This is not going to help you, but it is good to keep this mindset. Also try to find another girl if you can, it will accelerate the process even more. Also listen to this anon >>18607849

tl;dr - give it some time, it will pass
>>
Read some stoic philosophy lad

hang in there mate
>>
>>18607866
That's different.

Also: Way to make the wrong choice faggot.
>>
>>18607849
How long on average would you say it'd take for a long term relationship? I'm this anon >>18607819
here

I feel absolutely destroyed and devastated, considering she didn't even break up with me in person or phone, but by text.
>>
>>18607900
Well, I kind of had a trial run with the other, before getting back with my now-fiancee, and I got back with her because I still felt shit. It's what happens when you love 2 girls at the same time.
>>
>>18607875
Y'all stay preaching about stoicism here but it's almost guaranteed you don't follow the principles in real life.
>>
>>18607921

Ok lad, thanks for your input
>>
>>18607909
It's different for everyone. It depends on the relationship, your emotional investment in it, your previous life experiences, how you deal with emotions, etc. And healing takes time. It doesn't happen all at once. So there's no real time table.

But for the sake of giving you an answer this is probably average: If you want to know how long it should take for the pain to stop being overwhelming so you can function again, most likely a few months. If you want to to know how long it should take for the pain to go away completely, years to decades.
>>
>>18608087
Appreciate it anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.