[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a turn off is it if the person you're interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

How much of a turn off is it if the person you're interested in/dating/whatever isn't close with their family? I keep meeting people who are big on family or at least cares about them in a pretty normal way and it makes me reluctant to get close to them. It just seems awkward if I end up in a serious relationship with someone, and their parents ask a bunch of questions I can't really answer or I have to reveal that I have nothing positive to say.

I grew up practically ignored by my parents and hated by my siblings and I have no real means nor desire to fix my family situation. Would that be a huge turn off for someone who has had a normal relationship with their family their whole lives? I know I would never want to start a family either, since I would be afraid of repeating the same mistakes my parents did, so ending up with someone who wants a family is pretty much impossible. Plus I'm bad with kids.

Is this a red flag to someone? Does this typically make me undesirable to most people?
>>
don't worry, your upbringing probably fucked you up enough to not get considered dating material to sane people anyways. just go with the flow.
>>
>>18607570
Am I doomed to crazies for the rest of my life?

Honestly I don't expect anyone perfect. I even feel relieved if the person I date says they're also not close to their family either.

I guess I'm just trying to gauge my overall chances with most people. It's not like I don't get asked out, but I always seem to find myself attracted to people who end up having close families. I'd usually give it a go anyway, but I always wonder what it's like for the other person to be with someone like me.
>>
File: 1497160329225.jpg (148KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497160329225.jpg
148KB, 623x414px
It's hit or miss. Basically I'd mostly consider how valid it is, or if you're just being dumb and digging your heels in. The lack of interest in a family will also be a deal breaker for many people.
>>
>>18607587
you will only get with people with the same level of issues. usually, the issues THEY are having are in the opposite direction. don't worry, that's how humans work. the trick is to use those opposite issues to grind them down into some kind of sane middle ground together. iow, you'll mostly attract people who have co-dependent relationships inside their family. they might seem "close", but in reality they are just as fucked up.
>>
>>18607594
Ah ok. That makes sense. Guess I can't blame 'em.

>>18607599
I've started to kinda notice that, haha. Although I wouldn't want to date someone quite as fucked up as me. I feel like if both people in the relationship were fucked up then it would just be toxic as hell. And thanks, that makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>18607613
it's not a joke... people who are saner than you will be repulsed by your issues. same for you. you wouldn't date someone with heavier issues than yourself. you consider them the "filth of humanity/bottom of the barrell". you can not possibly date someone who has smaller issues than you. they might be entirely different and better hidden, but don't be fooled.
anyways, it's not a problem. ofc the further down the "issue laddr" the two of you are, the bigger the obstacles you willhave to overcome to reach an acceptable level of sanity. yes, that means that the bigger your own issues are, the bigger the possibilty of you having a rather insane relationship. the only way to get out of this is by working on your issues and actually overcome them. but it doesn't matter if you do that whilst you're still single or with your partner. it's only a problem if just one of both works on their personal issues. that normally ends in them going separate ways at some point.
other than that, it is a lot easier to reach new levels of sanity when you're in a relationship since your partner usually shows you exactly where the issues are. (the things you always argue over are the stuff you need to focus your attention on). you might stay blind to them if you're single. possibly forever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.