[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys give me any of your most improbable turn-around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1497637611389.jpg (139KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
1497637611389.jpg
139KB, 698x672px
Can you guys give me any of your most improbable turn-around stories regarding fucking up in school, debt, or being a NEET?

I need inspiration to stop being a retard.
>>
>>18607259
>complete social autist with social anxiety
>drop out at age 14 and go to school for fuck ups
>don't go to university
>start learning web development
>parents hate me, no one believes i can do anything
>everyone keeps pressuring me to spend money on shitversity
>in 6 months get job in web dev
>it was a terrible experience, lose job after 3 months
>hate coding for a while, want to kill myself
>get back into it reluctantly
>apply for remote jobs
>actually get one
>since it's remote i can move anywhere
>move to spain

life is bretty good now. if you've fucked up i recommend you learn web development, you don't need any degree or education to get a job, just a good portfolio. you can work from anywhere, and make very good money.
>>
>>18607259
I worked minimum wage jobs for years then got a job as a bank teller and earn 16.00/h. I'm still a depressed fuck up and contemplate suicide sometimes. Kek

I hope things work out for you op.
>>
>>18607879
Why? Loneliness?
>>
First of all you fucked up by going to college , second you fucked up by going to a full university , third of all you should ha e started flipping burgers and went to community college , fourth quit being a bitch , fifth start exploring the possibility to become a sugar baby to a dude
Fifth is optional
>>
File: 1501729523433.jpg (54KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1501729523433.jpg
54KB, 680x907px
>>18607259
>fresh outta high school
>optimistic as fuck because didn't think i would even graduate
>start college online excited as fuck
>get buried and flunk out within two semesters
>even more depressed than when i was swamped by high school
> spend about a year being neet, emotions out of control, mainly lonely and nostalgic
>couldn't relate to anyone moving on with their lives, became a hermit and lost touch with friends
>one fateful day, get a call from sister asking if i want a job flipping burgers
>wanted to say no for fear of humiliation but say yes because it's a start
>first few months of training are hell, though they break me into working shape
>use momentum from working to start doing things i used to be too depressed to do (hobbies, going outside, etc.)
>develop confidence and vow to begin paving my own happiness and living my life

It's been just over two years since I got that job, and it's changed my way of thinking. I'm not crippled by the thought of a heavy workload anymore, instead my mind gets to work thinking of approaches right away.

One thing I wish I would have done is submit applications/ask around sooner. I don't know where I'd be without joining the working people.
>>
>>18607259
I was $55K in debt, with no good prospects on the horizon. So I killed myself, and suddenly, I no longer had to pay back the money. Problem solved.
>>
I wasn't even alive and then I was born into an okay family in one of this worlds nicest, wealthiest countries.

Dumb luck really changes fortunes, even startup companies succeed with it.
>>
File: 1500379043234.png (669KB, 750x717px) Image search: [Google]
1500379043234.png
669KB, 750x717px
>>18607259
Its not exactly improbable but
>be extremely shy high schooler
>decide to go to huge state college
>complete breakdown on first day, have no idea how to handle anxiety, dropped out immediately
>felt like shit since I was the "smart" one in the family, expected to do great things in academia
>moved in with my dad, put up with druggies shoving their kid on me to babysit, angry drunk people in and out, annoying prepubescent boys
>too scared to go outside, a few times ended up spending everyday at the kitchen table on my laptop trying to tune out the screaming between my druggie brother and his girlfriend while their baby cries
>5 years later, after numerous drugs, attempts at therapy, failed job interviews and worsening anxiety, decide to move in with my mom in the bible belt
>see a MUCH better therapist, volunteered as a campground host with mom so interacted with random people
>start to feel a lot better, started commuting to a small college nearby
>a year later, in love for the first time in 6 years with a girl who's shown interest in me, 3.9 GPA, starting to make friends for the first time since middle school
>much less anxious, any anxiety I do have is much more manageable
I love my life now, and I'm having a fun time being alive.
Good luck anon. Sometimes all you need is a little push and help from family.
>>
>>18607889
Clinical depression + general fucked up mind from years of acting like an idiot + childhood abuse C-C-C-COMBO
>>
Severe emotional/physical abuse at home. Raped twice by outsiders. Hardcore mental illness that impeded my life and what I could accomplish. Safety hazard so couldn't drive. No friends, no good family relationships, would spend literal days in a corner online and never went outside. Severe phobias, horrible mood swings, VERY poor health and a heroin-addict boyfriend. Shit was bad as bad could be.

Two years later, I'm happy for the first time. I have a massive group of die-for friends, a flourishing relationship with a respectful and motivated young man, and I'm even working on my family relationships. I'm on course to be a successful individual and I have no plans to stop. My mental illness no longer controls my life and I'm learning how to drive.

All I did was start exercising (my choice is hiking), began smoking COPIOUS amounts of marijuana (as well as tried LSD which literally changed the world from potato to 4k for me), and work on myself mentally. I started taking the right vitamins, making sure I was always hydrated (which is really difficult), and I made a CONCIOUS decision to continue making choices. That last part might sound weird, but it's very crucial. I chose to learn about my illness and the proper ways to identify periods of trouble where I would need extra help. I chose to view things positively and actively express myself and put myself out there with others. I say "yes" 98% of the time now! I also moved out of my childhood home and went to university, which has been the literal dividing point from "then" to "now".
>>
>>18607282
>get a job that lets you live anywhere

How the FUCK do you do that

I produced music for years and got nowhere I don't know if I could do computers tho I get obese pretty fast
>>
>>18608306
Web development, graphic design, marketing, translation, any job that you do from your computer. Good news is you can learn these online for free.

Then go here: https://github.com/lukasz-madon/awesome-remote-job
It's a list of job boards that list fully remote jobs. Apply for everything, even if you're junior level and it's for a senior position.

You could also work freelance, but that's more difficult in the beginning

Lots of companies hire remote workers, it's becoming more popular.

>I don't know if I could do computers tho I get obese pretty fast
Me too. But when you work remote you can split your day up however you want, go for runs whenever you want, do anything as long as you finish your tasks. You're not forced to sit and work from 9 to 5.
>>
>>18608323
Jesus Christ you don't even have solid hours? I hate technology because it frustrates me but that sounds so good wtf.
>>
> been a social recluse who emotionally detached himself from everything because it helped dealing with bullying in middle school
> at the end of high school, it starts affecting the things I care about
> I do well on my finals, but I'm already contemplating suicide
> maybe starting studies and moving to the big city will help
> nope, I live in a tiny student apartment on my own, never leave outside after classes
> at this point I was convinced I was gonna kill myself, i refused to do an assignment where we had to write about where we see ourselves in 5 years because I was sure I'd be dead
> during a family vacation I manage to tell my parents that I'm planning on killing myself because I want them to know this is an informed decision after weighing the pros andere cons, not an act of desperation
> they manage to convince me to try therapy for at least a year
> I slowly managed to recover, sometimes making great improvements, other times neeting all day
> fast forward 3 years, I get really into traditionalism
> want to start working any job that pays enough to support a family, no matter how shitty it is (my plan was car repair because I realized I enjoy mechanical stuff)
> a friend suggests mechanical engineering, and after originally being worried I couldn't handle uni I gave it a shot
> finished second semester earlier, with a grade average of 2.5
I can't really point at one particular event and say that's where it all turned around, and I went through plenty of further ruts (I still am, especially when it comes to my love live), but everything feels very doable now.
If I had to give you any advice from my past experiences, keep yourself busy. Even if it's something minuscule as knitting a scarf or fixing a mailbox, as long as you do something you'll feel better for it. Also, pay attention to what keeps your interest and pursue it. Like I said, I've always been interested in mechanics, but I've never considered it as a career, and it's working out great for me.
>>
>>18608339
Some places require you to use tracking software that tells them how long you spent on your work and takes screenshots of your screen. Avoid those, make sure to check if they do that.

But a lot of companies have actual values they list like "we place more importance on the quality of your work rather than the hours you spend at work" and you're free to work whenever as long as you get the job done.
>>
>>18607259
I barely passed high school (graduated with a 2.2 unweighted GPA), but got a 2100 on the SAT that allowed a small local university to accept me.
Pulled it around and now I have a 3.8 college GPA with a double major three years in. I'm preparing to take the MCAT soon and I'm confident I'll make it into medical school.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.