[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking bout getting on methadone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I've been struggling with heroin addiction for almost 7 years now. I'm 22 years old and have been to 5 or 6 different inpatient treatment centers. My parents are pretty much completely done with me unless I turn my life around.. today my dad pretty much told me that I'm already dead to him. Not in those exact words or in a mean way.. Just said he's waiting for the day he gets a call saying I overdosed and died. I've been homeless before when they kicked me out , living out of a tent in the middle of winter. And I'm about to be looking at the same situation if I can't get my shit together within the month.. so ive been thinking my only real option that might help me is to get started on methadone. I understand that it's just trading one drug for another but it's much better to do something that's actually controlled instead of living the way I have been. I would just like some words of wisdom from anyone that's been through the program or has been in a similar situation.
>>
Wow you're very strong to even be seeking help! probably one of the few addicts who can actually turn themselves around. I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>18606640
Get. Help.
>>
>>18606640
do. not. get. on. methadone.

look into suboxone, but talk to your doctor about doing a short ass taper so you're monitored. no matter what, do not get on anything if you're not being monitored correctly or if they try to put you on for longer than a taper.

I just came off an 8 year habit, with one suboxone strip. It blocks your ability to get high with anything else, but still makes you feel good enough to function.

I used an 8mg strip and cut it into 4 pieces, then cut those 4 pieces into halves.
day one I took 3 mg
day two I took 2 mg,
day three I took 1 mg
day four I took .5 mg
day five .5 mg
day 6 .5 mg
day 7 .25 mg
day 8 .25 mg
day 9 nothing

this is what I did, and it doesn't work for everyone. if you 100% don't think it'd work, then try the methadone. it's better than being dead, but you need to learn to take care of your addiction/figure out ways to deal with your boredom.

also, you need to want to quit. this needs to be your rock bottom, or else you're going to relapse.
>>
>>18606640
Methadone saved my fucking life. Was a junkball for 3 years before I hopped on the 'done. 60 mg slow-tapered over the course of a year and a half, then jumped off at 6 or 8 mg. Haven't touched heroin since, and that was 3 years ago. Very little desire to use again. I think I've experienced maybe 2 actual cravings in the past 3 years, and they were fleeting. I'd recommend you try it.
>>
>>18606640
Methadone and therapy. That will be better than doing nothing. Good luck man, I'm rooting for you.
>>
File: 20170807_195928.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_195928.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18606668
Thanks man, I've tried getting on suboxone before. And doing the program but eventually ended up selling them to buy heroin again. So I don't wanna do a program where I have to be accountable for myself because I know myself and eventually I'll fuck it up again . I even have one suboxone right now but have been putting off taking it. I need to get clean and start working to fill in my free time cause that's my biggest issue is having too much time on my hands, along with still talking to the people I've always used with. So I know what I need to do. I just need to get the balls to do it. I don't even know why I'm still using I hardly get high anymore anyways. It's literally only because I'm not doing anything else with my life and at this point I've been doing it so long it's like all I know.. that's why I feel like methadone would be my best option. So I can have the structure of getting up early every morning to go in , then from there go to work and actually enjoy my day instead of trying to figure out how I'm gonna get the money for my next bag.
>>
>>18606640
OP fight hard and fight now. As someone else who is struggling right now, I believe in you. Turn it around, make your fucking goal to shock and stun your parents.

I don't know the best route to get past the nasty addiction, but I do know if you find that route and have the right mentality you will get things 100% on track.

Godspeed.
>>
>>18606716
that's one of the main reasons I finally realized I needed to quit. I was going into major withdrawals 1-2 hours after using, and it wasn't fun anymore. I couldn't even function. So I understand your pain, anon. I was living each day around the drugs, but not even enjoying them and finally started noticing it was causing too many physical symptoms.

I even broke my own arm so I could get opiates and like you, lost the support of my family, which is what finally led me to get clean.

use that to motivate you. the hardest thing you're going to have to do is delete all contact you have with drugs; delete all numbers, cut off contact with bad friends/social media. dump out all opiates or anything else you might use.

I honestly wish you the best. It's been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and I never thought I'd get to this point.

tell your family you need their support, and that you're going to make an actual effort to get off but you have to be open with them.
>>
>>18606716
>...but eventually ended up selling them to buy heroin again. So I don't wanna do a program where I have to be accountable for myself because I know myself and eventually I'll fuck it up again.

That's exactly why suboxone didn't work for me. Same thing. Honestly, methadone is probably a pretty good idea for someone like you.

You're going to get a lot of the methadone-is-evil, methadone-is-a-trap talk, but what works for you may not work for me, and what works for me may not work for the other guy.

The fact is that methadone *does* work for some people. It worked for me whereas suboxone did not. But I acknowledge that suboxone works for some people as well. Cold turkey and attending meetings works for some people. There's a shot you can get, implants, all sorts of shit. They're all tools that we've got in our heroin-addiction-fighting toolbox.

I'd suggest you give methadone a whirl.
>>
>>18606747
honestly, I agree with this anon. if the subuxone didn't work for you like it did for me, like I mentioned above, trying the methadone is better than being dead like your father is expecting.

I don't think methadone is the devil, but I haven't heard as many success stories for it. you have to be careful with both suboxone and methadone, and make sure you are on an actual taper plan and NOT something that's just maintaining you, as I've seen people stay on them for years.

worst comes to worst and you don't think you can do it on your own, you need to sit your parents down and tell them you want to go to rehab.

you need to find something that works for you, and like i mentioned, fill in the times where you get bored, DO NOT let yourself become bored, you will have more intense cravings. when this happens, and you get anxious, EAT.

chocolate helps, or whatever sweet you like, as it helps your reward center get rewired.
>>
File: 20170808_025306.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
20170808_025306.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18606747
For sure man. Thank you all for the kind words I really do appreciate it. Because sometimes the hardest thing to deal with is feeling like no one really cares. But I know people do, obviously my family. But I've become so unsociable lately and haven't made any friends that are good for me or real, they're all just drug friends that would steal my last dollar if they could.. So yeah thanks guys. I knew it was a good idea to come to /adv/ for help.
>>
>>18606769
please, if you're serious about getting off this shit, cut off contact with these people or you're never going to recover.

please give it some serious thought. you deserve to be clean.
>>
>>18606769
You got this! Godspeed, anon!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.