[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I contact ex's friends/family to get her help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1454628367061.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1454628367061.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
Long story short, she had borderline personality disorder, ended up cheating on me. Apologized, then kept seeing the same dude. She has some serious problems and is in denial. I've already left, but should I contact anyone close to her to maybe get her help? I know it's her own shit, but she has suicidal tendencies and is trying to treat only a symptom of her shit (depression). I don't owe her shit but I'm wondering if it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>18606564
I would cut contact completely, and treat her as she is already dead. You aren't responsible for her in any way, shape, or form. Not anymore.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>18606599
This.

She will learn in her own time...or won't, either way - It is no longer your problem.
>>
>>18606564
Every time someone with BPD dies the world gets a little bit nicer. If anything see if there is a way to foster an environment that makes it easier for her to commit suicide. People with BPD aren't actually people, they're succubi without the ability to feel guilt or empathy with a unique talent to zero in on people who do have empathy and drain the life force out of them, and then move onto the next victim.
>>
>>18606628
I actually don't believe the mental condition even exists. Some shrink tried to convince my wife she had it, and when I became skeptical, she copied like 30 pages out of a book going into what the hell it is. My wife met like 2 out of the dozen different qualifiers. Turns out that she was just depressed and needed better sleep (purchasing a new mattress literally made all the symptoms disappear overnight).
>>
>>18606628
>People with BPD aren't actually people, they're succubi without the ability to feel guilt or empathy

It's true. My older sister has borderline personality disorder, and it's fucking spooky. It's like she can feign a little bit of empathy from time to time, but it's just not sincere; I'd like to believe that there's some part of her that cares for others, but there just isn't. They're an incredibly narcissistic, toxic bunch of people. And it's sad because they can't help it.

>Every time someone with BPD dies the world gets a little bit nicer.

Topkek
>>
>>18606643
Look, I can't speak for your wife, but rest assured that BPD is a real thing. If you could have lived with my sister for as many years as I did, oh man, you'd be convinced. It's like living with a hurricane.
>>
>>18606655
That's just living with a woman that doesn't love you.

I've lived with about a dozen women that didn't love me over the course of my life. They are all fucking nuts. Avoid chick room mates like the plague. Seriously. It's not worth having a clean house.
>>
>>18606643
It's real, trust me. It's awesome you were able to fix your wife with a mattress, but believe me there are sick twisted subhumans in this world. There are serial killers, why can't there be pathological narcissistic emotional manipulators?
>>
>>18606674
Narcissists absolutely exist. I just don't see why you need a special name for a sociopath.
>>
>>18606599
as a femanon with borderline personality disorder, this.

you have no obligation to help her and will only be getting yourself further involved in someone that doesn't want help.

her family most likely already knows something's up with her but they're not going to believe you, especially if you're not dating anymore.

either she'll get help or she won't; she has to be the one to decide that for herself, that she wants to change, or it's not going to work, no matter how much help she gets.
>>
File: 1450671785879.gif (4MB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
1450671785879.gif
4MB, 640x333px
>>18606674
You just described me, I am honestly trying to rehabilitate though.
>>
>>18606700
Philosophy helps more than anything. It starts with nothing, but then goes on to make logical arguments for why certain things are moral, and why certain things are immoral.
>>
>>18606713
Funny you say that, I have been researching this sort of thing for the past two months.

But thank you for the suggestion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.