[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job for someone with bad social skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1142.jpg (148KB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
148KB, 1000x598px
I'm 20yrs old, I need to face some hard truths. I'm either autistic or otherwise severely impaired socially. I'm pretty messed up physically too, very uncoordinated and at work I can never do anything successfully without fumbling, even after months of being here. I ignored all the red flags for years, but I can no longer deny the obvious fact that something is very dysfunctional about me.

My current situation is not sustainable at all. I work at a fast food restaurant and make $2 less an hour than even the new workers. I work almost every day but they only give me 4 hours usually and often send me home early. Some days I don't even earn enlugu to cover transportation and food costs of that day.

I can't demand better wages or hours because I'm such an autistic fuck up and have no ground to stand on. They ignore my incompetence but the implied agreement is that in response I get paid less. To make up, I've been taking other people's shifts at other restaurants of the franchise around the city. My coworkers and managers tolerate me at best. I am limited because my social skills are so poor. I can't even comfortably talk to family members. I have no friends, and haven't for years. I make people uncomfortable and I'm pretty unlikable. I need more money to even support myself, but I don't know where to start. I've been learning programming but I'm nowhere near good enough to make money with it

Any advice?
>>
If you have a talent at programming go into it hardcore and don't give up. If you are autist you are probably creative as well. Fast food work is meaningless follow your passion with any of your spare time. Maybe get into crypto currency trading but like anything in life you must put in thousands of hours before you get good. Life is not about talent it is about being OCD and keep going even if you fail for years. Eventually 3+ years it will stick.
>>
>>18606466
First off: do you have any family? Able to stay with them for awhile? If so, take a breath of relief as you can figure things out freely.

Definitely dig into the programming as much as you can. It will take a lot to make money off of it. I agree with the prev anon about looking into cryptos.

What is your edu level? HS diploma? If so, any chance of family help for college?

Let's get a better idea of your situation.
>>
>>18606466
Get a different job. I did good in sales but ate shit trying to wait tables. Everyone there thought I was a fucking retard, but I'm not, something about waiting tables just doesn't make sense to me, it's probably the same for you.
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (120KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
120KB, 750x750px
>>18606508
My parents moved overseas 4-5yrs ago and don't help much, maybe $100 every once in a while if I hit 0 in my bank account. They often want me to go on expensive vacations with them around the world but they also expect me to pay for it myself, which is not possible. I am currently staying with my brother at his girlfriend's place, but he's a stay at home dad. He stays home and plays video games and watches the baby. I lived her for a few months, then visited my parents overseas for 2 months, then returned and stayed with my other brother. His lease ran out and now both him and I are staying at my initial brothers girlfriends house, meaning she is supporting all 3 of us with no rent. I wouldn't feel comfortable here for long even if it were an option.

I went to college for a semester, parents didn't help pay for it. I was in a really ghetto school and my roommate was a drug addict, a carrer criminal, and a bully. He stole all the money off of my debit card and also continually tried intimidating me and insulting me for months. I lost my temper and attacked him, got kicked off campus as a result. I had no family there so I had to leave, resulting in me failing every class and bringing my GPA from a 2.9 to 1.3 or so. Just 2 days ago that situation was resolved. They withdrew me from all the classes of that semester that I failed from being unable to attend. One professor passed me with a C, so they kept that one on my transcript. Now I have a 2.7GPA and a suspension but I do intend to finish my education if possible. Community college seems like my best bet but I would need somewhere to stay, which would mean working full time.
>>
>>18606532
Work full time and study CS at community college, along the way learn web development and start developing sites for local businesses. The CS will open doors long term and the websites will make your life better in the short term.
>>
You want some advice anon?

Stop looking for a job that fits your sad criterias, improve yourself and get a real job
>>
I struggle with the same thing anon, I know I'm capable of a lot of things but my inner sperg likes to come out and ruin everything for me.

Learn some coping exercises, always maintain eye contact with people, try talking to random people in public like on a bus or train.

Also look for another job, you need a fresh start.
>>
>>18606466
I was like you to so I forced myself to work a retail job and get over that fear. It took me a whole year to finally feel comfortable, but I busted my ass and got to the point where I was promoted three times and can give speeches in front of crowds or start conversations with total strangers.

I even initiate conversations outside of work, and enjoy it.
>>
>>18606750
don't mind this cuck op
>>
File: IMG_0934.png (3MB, 2048x2020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.png
3MB, 2048x2020px
>>18606780
How? It's not like I haven't tried. I left my comfort zone whenever possible, always went any place I was invited, problem is once people meet me they quickly stop wanting to be around me. As I got older the time it took for people to dislike me decreased more and more and now it takes about ~30 seconds of conversation before I see that familiar look in their eyes. It's not just my imagination, either. For example, this week at work, all the people my age (20-26ish) have been making plans to hangout on Friday. We all work side by side, yet the guy whose idea it was went down the line and invited everyone except me. And I mean literally everyone else. It's obvious everyone noticed but no one said anything. The last few days they continue to get each other's phone numbers and plans but I'm clearly not welcome. Every day, everyone talks to each other but no one ever wants to talk to me. I initiate but usually get short replies or completely ungenuine conversation. It seems talking to me is a chore. As soon as anyone else talks to them they'll immediately light up with happiness and start completely ignoring me. If it weren't for managers forcing us to work in 3's, no one would ever work with me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.