[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the meaning of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

I have been pondering this question for a while now but can't quite figure it out.
>>
Live anyway you want die at 30 from a heart attack
Sounds good to me
>>
>>18606165
>>
there is no set meaning to life since life is just a random accident of chemicals. We're all nothing but matter suspended in space with nothing to truly bind us together than symbols that we desperately wish were tangible. Anyways just find meaning in whatever feels right to you
>>
>>18606165
Stop asking this question it only gets worse from here
>>
>>18606206
Basically this

We're all just matter that happened to formulate into a life form that has it's own consciousness to ponder these sorts of things. It's pretty crazy when you thing about it. But ultimately there's no "point" to life. You just kind of ascribe your own meaning to things and go from there
>>
Being happy and remaining happy. Once youre happy nothing else matter, what makes up to that happiness is up to you. One day everyone dies so in our time allotted we our offered many vices of this evil world to distract us from finding what that is. It could be a talent, going hard for the people back at home, love, whatever. So long as you feel it in your heart that there's nothing else you'd rather be doing. If you don't feel it stick and move, go find it. Many people die without feeling a thing and that's life greatest misfortune of all.
>>
>>18606165
There is no meaning. There will always be another why behind any explanation, secular or not. Why should there be a reason?
>>
>>18606165
What's the meaning of the sky?
Of the grass?
What's the meaning of the bird that lives outside your window, or the chicken you ate last night?
Why should any of these things require a meaning?
Why should you?
>>
There is no meaning. That doesn't mean that life isn't sacred or that it's worthless, but if there was a meaning that people could agree on we'd have arrived at it by now, don't you think?
>>
Meaning is completely subjective to each individual and there will never be a set meaning.

The meaning of life is what you personally want it to be. Most of the things that drive us are due to the basic instinct to survive, for no other reason than to reproduce. Everything ties back into this for us.
>>
>>18606199
I specifically came to this thread just to see this ;D
>>
>>18606165
I have not taken the time to read every individual post so as to prevent any repetition, but when I was in my early teens I came to the conclusion that the meaning to life is whatever meaning you give it. Simple as that. One can say that it means there is none, but one can also say that it's anything you want it to be. What prevents you from killing yourself and ending it all? What is it that you seek in order to feel as if life is worth living?
>>
The meaning of life is to enjoy. But now you are on a false material platform of life, called Samsara, and therefore you are suffering instead of enjoying. Everywhere we see the struggle for existence. Everyone is struggling, but what is their enjoyment in the end? They are simply suffering and dying. Therefore, although life means enjoyment, at the present moment your life is not enjoymentdue to material conditions. But if you come to the real, spiritual platform of life, then you'll enjoy. One can easily take to spiritual life immediately by the practice of devotional service, or Bhakti-yoga. This is easily done by the constant chanting of the names of the mahamantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. One who does so gradually elevates his consciousness to that of God consciousness. One who is God consciousness becomes firmly situated in transcendental bliss because he is engaged in devotional service
>>
It's whatever you want it to be.
>>
We are in a vortex of uncertainty, this is a sandbox, and you are the creator,being thrown into consciousness to feel and to be. People create their own meaning, distractions, religion, whatever it may be meaning is subjective. Also 42.
>>
>>18606504
French philosopher Albert Camus explains that very well actually. There is no meaning, but you have to find contempt in the absurdity of life
>>
its nothing every action is meaningless in the long term just live in the moment and be glad when its over
>>
>>18606165
CHAD
>>
It doesn't need a meaning.
>>
>>18606165
This is one of the questions you have to answer yourself, and hearing others' answers only makes it worse.

If you can't answer the question, give it time. There's no rush.
Your life wouldn't change at all if you knew the answer.

You'll get the answer sooner or later, whether you want it or not.
No rush.
>>
>>18606165
To survive. Every living organism do this.
>>
>>18606165
Society is a scam and illusion. It's all fake. Jobs, bills, status, it's all an illusion. All one can do is be a decent and honorable person.
>>
>>18606165
I'll tell you something OP. The people posting in this thread have obviously come to their own understandings of the meaning of life. The only way to find the answer is to find that understanding on your own looking at your own life. Everyone else's views are subjective and obsolete.
>>
The meaning of life is to find a meaning, if an artist finds meaning in making art, they have found that meaning
>>
Having a purpose gives life meaning, since the dawn of man we've fabricated our own. Creation of religion has brainwashed most people into believing we have purpose. I'm not disputing the fact that there is a God, science proves this fact. I'm simply saying that we can't possibly fathom what the intent of our lives are for, thus having no purpose. We are drifting through the cosmos, without a destination.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.