[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I contact an old friend after we stopped talking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey Adv
question here there is an old friend who I want to talk to and become friends with again. we stopped talking about 5 years ago and haven't met or spoke to each other since. I always knew it was because I was bad friend and couldn't get her out of my head (I really liked her) and now I want to mend things between us and see if we can start talking again. how should I approach this? is it even a good idea to just message her out of the blue?
>>
>>18605976
Don't do that. Just use your screw up as a learning experience, and don't be an asshat in the future. There's no practical reason to talk to her. You, just like everyone else who's considered doing this, have some romanticized fantasy of rekindling a friendship, or turning your relationship to something more. It's not going to happen, and going to her will make your intentions obvious. It's been five years, man. I've met widows with quicker recoveries. She's changed in those five years, and if you go to her, she's going to see that you've been holding onto a version of her that's been long gone, and that you haven't grown up.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make a life for yourself.

I'm not saying this to be mean.
>>
Man or woman above me just /thread
Don't be afraid of change anon Make new friends. Eventually someone will come and grace the now in your life and you'll forget all about her. Fdb
>>
>>18606359
I appreciate your honesty
I really just want to start over with her as friends of course and let her know I am sorry for the stupid things I did in the past yes i know we aren't going to be together (I figured that long ago) and because she is a lesbian as well but what brought about this need to contact her again was the fact that I'm looking forgive those who I've hurt or let down, so I can change and move on. whether we become friends again is up to her right? thing is I'm not sure how to go about this
thank you for your input
>>
Anon your situation sounds literally identical to a situation I have except I don't feel like I wronged her, really I just miss her friendship and her as a person. Haven't puzzled out how to talk to her again and atleast see, but don't let people put you down for wanting to. It's not like you're doing anything wrong reaching out to an old friend. If she's no longer someone compatible then oh well
>>
>>18607289
I want to hear your story anon how similar?
I know I wronged her, because I dated an ex of hers (she completely forgave me) and my feelings for her were obvious to her and others back then but we never talked about it. I don't have her number anymore just on social media nowadays
>>
>>18607344
Haven't spoken in 6 years, was obsessed with her in the past which stunted an actual friendship especially when she later came out as a lesbian I realized why I was getting mixed signals. Occasionally I get her on my mind, we were perfect, natural friends back in the day and sometimes I'd like to rebuild that bridge but just don't know how
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.