[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/ sent me here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How are you supposed to cope with PTSD?
>>
>>18605494
Therapy is best. With a professional.

Failing that, talking about the incident to a supportive lay person, a lot, until you have said everything you can say about it. Until you are bored with it. It will take months and months.
>>
>>18605502
I had to see a therapist to even get diagnosed in the first place. It didn't really help. I can't afford it anymore anyway.

I've tried that. No one particularly wants to hear, and even if they do it just makes you feel horrible to go over bad memories.

I currently use music, drugs, food, and masturbation to cope at the moment. I've been trying to replace food with exercise though.
>>
>>18605508
I want to hear tell me , I'll try to help I mean fuck what do you have to lose ?
>>
>>18605514
Mom mother was a drunkard, abusive, and she forced me to leave the house when I was 11. Then when I thought I had a stable life with other family, she tried to win custody, giving me extreme amounts of anxiety throughout my high-school life.
>>
>>18605508
That horrible feeling is part of the therapy process. It's not like it's going to disappear immediately, or even ever, but therapists will help you work through it in constructive ways.

There also may be ways you can get therapy more affordably, group therapy, or depending on your age there's non profits that work with young adults. Get on Google and do some searching, check with some local resources or resourceful people. Social workers can help.
>>
>>18605527
I've looked. There's a halfway house type of place, but it doesn't have professionals. On top of that I don't want to socialize or talk to other people. I especially will not tell a group of people any private details. They don't need to know.

Sorry.
>>
>>18605522
By anxiety you mean anger I assume you never truly will feel anxious about the encounter it will be anger hiding itself , ergo generally kind hearted people will never get angry they will get anxious
>>
>>18605539
I mean anxiety. I used to have anger issues, and still have a short fuse, but it's not the same as when I get anxious. I feel cold all over, perceive benign things as a threat, and often times start to dissociate from my emotions.
>>
Dude weed
>>
>>18605588
Sorry OP, you have a horror story with multiple layers of nastiness that presses some very painful spots.

The /adv/ is the same as above. Talk therapy with somebody, anybody who will listen uncritically. Even here on /adv/ where it can be a bit rough. (Actually I haven't seen much trolling today)

I have to log-off now, so can't talk, but I hope you get sorted in the future. Best wishes!
>>
>>18605618
Weed was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. At least I only lost 4 years of my life.

>>18605625
Thanks. Have a good night.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.