[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer for Grad student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_odg86zClzy1s04h2ho1_540.jpg (75KB, 540x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odg86zClzy1s04h2ho1_540.jpg
75KB, 540x581px
Hello
I'm a non thesis grad student ( yes we do exist ) who could not find summer employment nor a place in the lab for the summer. Some laws prohibit where I can and cannot work so my options were super limited.
It went like this, I was expecting to work with someone who told me they might be interested for the summer so I thought I was secure. I was expecting to start with them for summer vacations. Later they backed off and I was left looking for last minute work. All positions were full and did not require any people.

How do I explain this gap in my resume?
>>
>>18605123
Just tell them that you fucked up
>>
>>18605123
>former grad student lurking /adv/ to advise people on their resumes
Right. Try irl
>>
Also I found this part time project I found, but it was very different from my field. Much of the summer I thought that I should be focused on it rather than look for something else but in the end, I realized it was too far away from what I do. Like a medical student writing his thesis on Java kind of unrelated.
>>
>>18605149
There are some very smart people here
>>
>>18605123
OP here in fact I'll take any advice on how to explain this 3 month gap in my resume.
>>
>>18605164
Smart but still degen. The state and your college employs people to help with resumes
>>
>>18605183
Yes they do, but can I trust people from that department?
>>
>>18605195
The idea is to brainstorm and come up with a variety of options, not to just be like, "tell me what to do."

You have nothing to lose by asking professional friends and people who's job it is to do this
>>
>>18605213
> not to just be like, "tell me what to do."

Isn't that what advice is?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.