[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad weed trip ruined my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: kgQqB9M.gif (2MB, 223x146px) Image search: [Google]
kgQqB9M.gif
2MB, 223x146px
Hi /adv/,

in February I had an extremely bad trip after smoking some weed, I thought I had a heart attack and panicked so hard that I passed out a few times and people called and ambulance. I really felt like dieing, it was the worst thing I had ever experienced in my life. Since then I live in constant fear of dieing from a heart attack and and I can't stop listening to my own heart beat or feeling my own pulse every few minutes. Every little unusual feeling in my body triggers my fear. The first weeks after that incident it was impossible for me to sleep without sleeping pills. It has gotten better but a few days ago the panic came back after I have eaten a burger and thought about how bad it probably was for my heart. I pushed my finger into my throat, puked it back up and took some sleeping pills again.

Will this ever go away or should I see a psychiatrist or something? Where do I even start?

tl;dr: bad drug trip fucked up my mind, I life in constant fear of dieing
>>
>>18604692
whatever you smoked wasn't weed.
>>
>>18604695
it was, I smoked it for months and shared it with other people. I had psychological problems before, so drugs are probably just an enabler for more problems.
>>
>>18604710
It wasn't weed buddy especially if you smoked it before weed is s depressant basically it makes you sleepy and passive not hyped at all , accept you can't do anything about your heart except take care of it by exersising , eating more fish etc, 1 burger isn't going to give your heart any problems 500 maybe ,
>>
File: anxiety breathing offset time.gif (403KB, 540x471px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety breathing offset time.gif
403KB, 540x471px
>>18604695
Weed has two chemicals in it. One gives you the classic happy dopey weed feeling. The other makes you anxious and paranoid. Which one you experience depends on your genetics and the plant itself.

OP, sounds like you've started triggering a lot of anxiety. It probably would be good to see a therapist. But in the meantime, a good thing to do to control anxiety is to control your breathing.

Breathing has a profound physical effect on the body. Short, fast breaths and strong inhales activate fight-or-flight, and cause panic, anxiety, and stress levels to climb. Hyperventilate enough and it can cause all sorts of other problems like racing heart or even temporary paralysis (as your blood becomes more acidic and the chemicals that makes your muscles work stop responding. it happened to me once, not fun).

Slow, deep breaths and long exhales (like a sigh) activate the opposite systems and calm you down. This is sometimes called "rest and digest". It's a physiological response that is hardwired into you. You can take advantage of this and use it to deliberately reduce your anxiety.

If you catch yourself freaking out, pause for a bit and slow your breathing. The slower you can make it, the better. My personal preference is five beats in, two beat hold, seven beats out. You can also try matching this gif here.
>>
>>18604742
Once you've calmed yourself down, try rationalizing your way through the anxiety. This here is a form that you can use as a base to start rationalizing your way through the bad thoughts.
>>
That sounds like a Panic Attack. It's main indicative is the fear of having another one - it litterally haunts the person.

What to do?... Well, a psychologist or psychiatrist might help, obviously.
>>
Yea, go see a psychiatrist, but be really honest about it. Be ready to realize that what you're so convinced about is not true. The process of realizing that is probably going to be painful and difficult, but the psychiatrist is here to help you through with it.

A friend once was in a very low point in his life and was smoking quite a lot. I'm not saying it's the weed's fault or that drugs are bad, but he slowly developed the notion that the glass particles in the air were going to slowly kill him in a few weeks. He even wrote a public farewell letter, he was so convinced. At first he went to get checked, when the doctors couldn't find any evidence, he went to see a psychiatrist. When he realized that what he was afraid of wasn't as real as he believed it to be, he stopped therapy and went to see some alternative medicine healer guy. This guy told him that he was indeed sick and he knew the medical secret that every doctor was hiding. The friend just needed to buy the healers custom made medicine, so he would stay alive.
After three years, the friend is still convinced about his glass theory. Whenever he's asked about it, he pulls out his phone and shows us some obscure websites to back up his theory.
>>
>>18604710
>>>18604695
>it was, I smoked it for months
If you smoked it for months then it likely wasn't the cause. See a psychologist and if they think its necessary, see a psychiatrist.
>>
Thanks all, I don't think I will go to a therapist yet. I will try to improve my lifestyle from now on, I think most of it will go away once I am living healthier and happier.

I strongly advice anyone that is not happy with his life and/or has psychological problems that you should NEVER take drugs to suppress your problems. Although it is a meme, weed is no joke, you should never take it if you are not stable.
>>
>>18604723
>t. Never smoked weed before

When I used to smoke I had panic attacks a few times, but nothing that affected me after the high wore off.
>>
>>18604816
Normals people without physiological problems don't have panic attacks with weed buddy ,
>>
>>18604692
Weed has a different effect on everyone, just quit smoking it, you are better off anyways. I've had a similar experience it's really just paranoia, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18604823
Then everyone I know must be a nutcase, right? People can have panic attacks from weed, it's not uncommon.

Just because Wikipedia and Herold and Kumar said weed makes you chill doesn't make it true. I'm talking from first hand experience.
>>
>>18604828
> t. degree in chemistry
u fokin wot m8 ?
>>
>>18604844
Yeah, and I have a degree in astrophysics. See, it's easy to make shit up on 4chan.

Just fuck off. Weed affects everyone differently. If you can't understand that then you're a retard.
>>
This is called hypervigilance, my friend. I was diagnosed with myopericarditis and spent 5 days in hospital and since then I have been to the ER quite often convinced I'm having a heart attack. Your body has experienced trauma and because you thought you were going to die, it's on red alert. It's doing its job. It WILL go away, it's okay anon. It took mine a month or two but I'm finally starting to chill out. Eventually your body recognises that not every incident will lead to death and the adrenaline response will settle.
>>
>>18604844
I went to Harvard, Oxford University twice and have 72 chemistry degrees and I can tell you that you are wrong
>>
>>18604723
Weed can trigger panic attacks dumbass. It makes your heart rate increase during the first 20 minutes or so and then it'll drop if it doesn't trigger an anxiety episode.
>>
>>18604692
So this happened to me on a shrooms trip, a more powerful psychadelic, and if this was your first drug experience and you were scared I can see how you would've been easily susceptible.

I felt like I was having a heart attack and it took a month to feel better. Sleeping was hard. This shit happened to me too.

But the paranoia you're feeling? That's on you. Ideas have consequences, and when you think crazy thoughts you become crazy.

Fear of death is a normal thing and it has gotten harder to deal with at times for ALL of us.

The burger was bad for you.
>>
>>18604861
> 72
Nigger you must be 600 years old
>>
>>18604862
Says the guy who thinks traps aren't gay
Sure buddy
>>
>>18604692
Exact same thing happened to me, bro. Panic attack. Sometimes weed can make you more susceptible to these things. You are now likely experiencing a mild form of PTSD because of what happened to you and you will likely be okay.

I felt really fucked up and super anxious for a while. Had to practice a little mindfulness, breathing exercises and voluntary muscle contractions in order to get a hold on my anxiety. I still blaze daily so it's all good and I believe it will be for you too.
>>
>>18604692
>should I see a psychiatrist or something
Yes, you should

Ideally they will help you to alleviate your symptoms

Worst case they tell you how to deal with them and avoid making them any worse

It's a lot easier to make progress with this kind of thing when you get some help from someone else
>>
>>18604922
I have an idea iq of 400 and skipped kindergarten and went straight to University. You brainlets can't compete
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.