[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on long distance relationship. Wonder if you guys will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1492656141973.jpg (556KB, 1303x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1492656141973.jpg
556KB, 1303x1269px
Advice on long distance relationship.
Wonder if you guys will recognize me from past threads, I'll greentext whatever I can.

>20
>Talking on Skype with cute Japanese girl
>3 days later she confesses to like and wants a ldr
>I'm moving to Japan next September (I don't plan going before so I can save more money)
>Says she will wait for me
>Actually believes her, she's so innocent and sweet
That was like week and a half ago
>Still talking while we can with those shitty timezones, I usually wake her up each morning and we talk for 2-3 hours (fucks up my sleep schedule but worth it)
To the real problem
She is a soon to be university student meaning she studies like 12hours a day to her entrance exam, I understand that she doesn't have time to write every few hours but it's actually makes me more obsessed over her lmao, and I've had gfs before, not ldr ofc but I've never yearned for someone's voice and seeing her face before.
This ldr for now is 75% wondering and unfocused and 25% joy.

Tldr how do I stop thinking about her and actually focus on myself again? I just want to be myself again...

>Inb4 break-up with her
No thank anon I just want to know how to care more about myself instead of waiting for a phone call or a message.
In a year it will all be fine as shit as well, I (want to )believe her words and feelings.

Proofreading this I sound like a faggot, oh well what to do anons?
>>
Get another girl on the side.
>>
>>18604314
>Tldr how do I stop thinking about her and actually focus on myself again? I just want to be myself again...
Just takes time, enjoy your honeymoon fase, the relationship will never be better beyond this point.
>>
>>18604314
> inb4
Ldrs are bad for you. Think of all the stress this is causing you, the financial concessions you are making, and the time you are (not) spending with a gril you; all downsides that do not exist falling for a local. Not to mention shes throat deep in salaryman coock right now.

t. Catfishman
>>
>>18604314
The fact that you'll be closing the gap in a month (assuming Sept 2017 not 2018) is not bad at all. IMO the most important thing for an LDR to work is to set an expiration date on it where it becomes face to face on the regular.
>>
>>18604314
>>18604314
Have u heard of fertile cumming?
>>
I hope you aren't getting gaijin hunted. I'm pretty cautious of that kind of thing. Wish you all the best. Are you at least decent at japanese or is she good with English?

You need to focus on your success. Love will follow.
>>
op here
>>18604337
no
>>18604341
that sounds rough, if its true how come so many people are still in rs?
>>18604367
thats whats making me so anxious but everytime we actually talk it all fades away..
and i completely trust her in those circumstances.. shes been hurt before and considering shes still so young shes very mature at this shit, anyways thats the last thing im stressed about.
>>18604372
2018..... I've already decided thats when im moving over there regardeless if ill still be with her or not.
>>18604405
what
>>18604632
i doubt it.. I'd say im pretty good, good enough to have a decent conversation, i am getting really better at it lately cause we've been talking a lot. she doesnt speak english at all.
>>
Op, how are you going to move there? How will you get a visa? What will you do for work?
>>
>>18604314

Geez, go outside and get some active exercise.

Japanese university exam time is hellish, so don't eat up so much of her time.

Brush up on your language skills. Go make some money. Read up on Japanese customs, other gaijin experiences, etc. Prep yourself.

Stay busy.
>>
>>18604314
>Tldr how do I stop thinking about her and actually focus on myself again? I just want to be myself again...
Fuck, dude. I'm actually having the exact same problem but not sure how to word it. Thanks for making this thread.

I think I might just be a clingy fuck, but I've never felt this way towards anyone before and I just want to always be with her. We talked so much that we no longer have anything to talk about now but I still want to talk to her all day, but there's a bad timezone difference and lately she's been preferring hanging out with her friends instead which actually hurts me a lot. Along with that she doesn't try to talk to me as much anymore and it's been really bothering me, I always have to be the one initiating the conversations. Along with all of this we don't know if we'll ever be able to meet, and it's all I can think about when we talk. Now despite all that, pretty much all I can think about all day is her. I stress out about this relationship so much that my stomach is getting upset. Logically thinking if it's causing me that much anxiety then I should just end it, but of course I can't let go that easily. I love her and I'd be too lonely without her, and thinking about what she'd do without me and if she'll get with another guy is unpleasant.

This was more of a rant and I probably sound like a faggot too, but if anyone has any opinions or experiences to share please don't be shy.
>>
>>18604314
I don't want to shit on your relationship in all honesty but she sounds like a gaijin hunter.
i.e. someone who just dates gaijins for fun but it never turns serious, she only likes you because you are a gaijin (not for who you are as a person) and it never lasts because you are a gaijin who will never completely fit in with their culture.
ただの忠告。気をつけてね
>>
File: 1502163839936.jpg (98KB, 798x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1502163839936.jpg
98KB, 798x1030px
>>18604889
Extending on what I said already it just generally makes me feel pathetic, because I know the reason I think about our relationship all day is because there isn't enough going in my life to keep me busy from it. Really not sure what to do desu...
>>
>>18604917
Yeah... sorry but I'm pretty sure it's a fling. She's just having fun with it.

That's my opinion.
>>
>>18604934
Knowing her and what she's been through with me so far, that's not the case.
>>
>>18605273
I want to be wrong. I hope I am wrong. Although...how long have you known her? What do you even know about her?
>>
>>18605404
Only around three months. I know it's not a lot, but I have a terrible personality and if she was just doing this for the fun of it she wouldn't have put up with it until now.
>>
op desu
>>18604848
student visa, will work part time will studying in a special school prepping me for college there
>>18604878
yeah i definitely know that, shes studying like 14hours a day, I try not to bother her so much.
I study waaaaaaay more now than before, at least 2-3 hours a day.
I am always looking and studying about their culture so i kind of get the idea of how\why she acts like that but having to see it in a relationship is new for me.
thanks for the advice tho
>>18604889
oh man, thats so me lmao
we ran out of things to talk, we dont even share the same interests, its just that she told me she fell in love with me because of my behaviour and humor (which i dont get cuz my self confidence is shit).
anyways, after a 4hours video chat (just ended now) i feel a lot better, she just keeps reassuring my feelings without me asking her to, its just plain fun and nice, i should start remembering how i feel now whenever i feel down.
what about you? are you gonna move there or is she gonna come over for you? do you speak in japanese or english? if japanese which jlpt level do u rank yourself in?
>>18604902
i dont think so.. i mean even if so, whats wrong with loving gaijins? i mean, i like her for who that she is, she being an asian is a huge plus for me cuz thats what im attracted to, it could be exactly the same for her.
>>18605604
hi again, dont underestimate yourself bro, she likes you fora reason and its not bad to ask her once in a while why\what she likes about you (without soudning so needy ofc).
hope you and her the very best

皆さんありがとう、ウェッブでした
>>
Ldrs don't work, get over it.
>>
>>18606020
You're nuts dude. And getting played. When you get there and she ghosts you hope you have other plans. Jesus
>>
File: AngelEyes.gif (924KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
AngelEyes.gif
924KB, 280x210px
>>18604314
>Long distance relationship
Bro I'm gonna level with you so hard right now. I moved from NYC to FL for my girlfriend just to get closer to her. Thing is for me I haven't even finished college and I'm trying to do something. I just turned 22 not too long ago and I realized once someone goes to college/uni their time is usually gone. I recommend you try to keep close contact with her, but be warned she might not have time for you like how I might not have time for my girlfriend because of school. Fucking sucks shit.
>GF also has depression and lives 2 hours away from me
>College is free back home at NYC and I have to waste money because GF doesn't wanna move
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.