[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginning Self-Improvement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 15667984156.jpg (147KB, 960x860px) Image search: [Google]
15667984156.jpg
147KB, 960x860px
So, for a long time, I've done what I call "being an asshole" pretty often. By this I mean basically doing stuff like indulging in food that's bad for you too much instead of dieting, not exercising, procrastinating/avoiding studying (and/or studying last minute/cramming), avoiding responsibilities, playing video games all day... pretty much stuff I'd think an asshole would do. Like I'm being an asshole instead of being a good person, a productive healthy tax-paying individual.

That said, I want to change. I'm trying to start slowly because these are all life-long changes I want to make, I don't want to be good for a week or a month and then go back to "being an asshole". This week I'm starting with just fixing my sleep schedule (I want to go to bed around 9-10PM regularly and wake up at 5AM every morning, even on weekends), drinking only 1 cup of coffee instead of 2 (I've developed a habit of drinking a cup after dinner every day because I love coffee, it's a 16oz thermos though so it's probably more like 2 cups desu. At least it's good homebrewed stuff, but it keeps me up late and fucks up my sleep schedule), and being productive at least 4 hours a day (working on my art, learning new things especially related to my career and/or making money in general, chores/housework like cleaning things, fixing things, installing things, organizing things, etc etc).

So why am I here? [Cont.]
>>
>>18604261
Well mostly because I live at home but I feel like I have no one here I can tell this sort of stuff to. When I have in the past, because I've had difficulties with this before (trying and then failing), if I ever wanted to vent about my plans like how I'm planning to be better and how I'm going to do it and all of my thoughts and fears and excitement etc about it, they'd just say something along the lines of "you're not gonna do that" or "oh, you're just going to go back to doing what you usually do" or some other negative, defeatist thing. Which hurts because they're my family, but what can you do? I wish I could just be open and honest about it but really, if I say stuff and that happens it just makes me feel like shit, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I feel like I can't actually do it because no one supports me emotionally and then I just end up like "ahhh fuck it" and go back to being an asshole basically.

But I wanted to tell someone, and I can do that anonymously here, so here I am. I just wanted to tell someone that I'm at the very start of being on track to not being an asshole anymore. I want to ideally be productive from when I wake up until dinner time, so that then after that I can have my unproductive stuff to do like play video games knowing that I accomplished stuff and got closer to completing my goals earlier that day. Eventually, probably starting next week, I plan on taking dieting and exercise more seriously. I've already been doing pushups almost every day for the past month, up to 50 a day now which feels good, I want to get up to 100 and then start doing other exercises. Build up to doing a half an hour to an hour of exercise every day ideally, that's my long-term goal. Probably going to reduce my daily caloric intake to around 1500 for awhile, or at least 2000, see how that goes. Eat less and exercise more, in short. Hope things work out, just wanted to vent.
>>
Good job for recognizing these bad habits within yourself and starting a plan to change them.

I'm currently doing the same. Best of luck to you OP.Take it one day at a time.
>>
>>18604261

I think the key is surrounding yourself with people who share similar motivations.

With that said, that's easier said than done.

I'm very interested in starting or joining some sort of self improvement group for men. Sort of like a mastermind group that entrepreneurs would attend, but more general and focused on personal development.

I also recommend looking into mini habits. The idea is to pick up to four key habits you want to focus on, find a way to reduce the scope of each habit so much that they can all be finished in less than 10 minutes.

By requiring very little of yourself, you'll ensure that you never break the chain. You'll meet your minimum requirements every day. And most days, you'll massively overshoot. Because once you start something, you'll feel more motivated to finish it.

So, if your habit is "one push-up," you'll have no trouble meeting that minimum every day. And most days, you'll massively overshoot. You'll start with one push-up and wind up working out for 90 minutes.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.