[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been addicted to my PC since childhood.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1501659393505.jpg (53KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1501659393505.jpg
53KB, 750x722px
I HAVE other interests, like drawing (I spent a lot of money "preparing to get into it") but no energy or motivation to even try, and anxiety constantly convinces me that since I'm not already decent I can never reach good anyway.
I work 40 hours a week, come home, eat, and sit at my PC procrastinating and arguing with idiots until I feel like going to bed too late.
I sometimes, rarely, start up one of literally hundreds of games in backlog; oh yeah enormous sunk cost here.

I tried a month without my PC. Ended up doing nothing instead, I'd get home and just look at my phone instead, considering it all a waste or time when I could exactly the same but more comfortably on my PC.
>>
>>18603925
Get a hobby that requires you to be outside like subscribing to a local gym or something
>>
>>18603932
I am super uncomfortable showing my body to people. Nothing against smalltalk, but I'm genuinely ugly, not only in looks but especially in attitude, I'd make enemies quickly, town culture is full of bullying, I hate myself enough as it is.
>>
>>18603941
In attitude I guess it's mostly my humor. I'm a manchild with grandad humor, I can get extremely obnoxious, I get obsessive with anyone I start considering a friend, and then I notice a pattern of them losing interest or straight up ignore me.
I don't dare to say more than absolutely necessary replies anymore.
>>
>>18603941
Nobody cares if you're super ugly. The point here is to become a more proactive person yourself, and besides if you are in fact hideous in looks then lifting weights can make you look decent enough.

You will never achieve anything at home because you couldn't focus to these things you wanted to do, but you always wanted a skill to practice so you buy new things that interests you on impulse. Go to the nearest coffee shop and draw there, nobody will give a shit what you do in a coffee shop.
>>
>>18603941
Stop making excuses. This is the life you were given and it's the only shot you have.
>>
>>18603953
How old are you?
The thing is it's very normal to meet people that isn't interested in your shit. Shit people are shit and it's up to you if you're gonna move on and find better friends with similar interest. Join some facebook group about drawings and get yourself engaged by participating in events.
>>
>>18603955
I am convinced that the world is 90% appearance. There exists no such thing as a beautiful heart.
But yeah I lift in solitude at home. I have considered going to a gym many times, but well...

Impulse is very strong with me yes. I recently spent over $150 on vaping, because I almost started smoking cigarettes and thought it'd be a much healthier choice. Used it once so far, thought it was meh, now collecting dust. Another well spent anxiety cause in my head every day.
>>
>>18603971
Appearance matters but only at first looks, but real life relationship isn't a Tinder-tier swipe culture. This is why you need to make friends with people so they can discover you're more than meets the eye.
>>
>>18603966
I wish I could. I probably have ADD or something. /v/ regularily calls me autistic.

>>18603970
24. Broke up with ex about 3 years ago, she was the only reason I didn't kill myself 4 years prior. We're still friends only because she insists that I stay in her life. Been completely friendless aside from her for the last 8 or so months. Only other contact is my brother who has more important shit to live for.

Well, I'm the shit person here. I would draw but I'm not good or creative. I end up sitting there with a blank mind and blank paper, hating myself for not coming up with something.
I don't have a Facebook.

>>18603981
I look like a total jackass. If I don't garner attention from how dumb I dress or whatever, I'm just ignored. I've gotten used to hiding.
>>
>>18603925
Don't worry anon. Just sit in front of the PC if that's what you enjoy. There is really nothing wrong with it, you can keep doing it for the rest of your life and it'll be fine.
>>
Recognize and manage your addiction. You have already taken the first step, so youre in a good spot OP.
A good method to try is to stop and think to yourself these things: why am I doing this and what exactly do I get out of it? What would I rather be doing instead? Why exactly am I not doing that? The simple asking and answering of these questions makes you want to do the addictive behavior less. Idk why, some shrink told me its some psychology bs but it works!

A second method is to identify the triggers leading to you beginning touse your computer (for example walking by your computer desk gives you the urge to sit down and use it) and use microhabits to break the compulsion and begin to do something you feel your time is better spent on. Find a habit, something you usually do, and make a point do do something else directly before or after so you link those two activities in your brain. Pretty soon the added activity becomes a habit in itself. Then you can take the new habit and build a third activity onto that until it too becomes a habit. In time you can build habits in this way to effectively manage your free time. For you it would go something like this: find your cumputer use trigger. Every time you feel that mental trigger, force yourself to sitt down and draw a 5 minute doodle, timing yourself. 5 minutes is fuck all and you should be able to do it no problem. After a couple of weeks your brain will automatically associate your computer trigger with drawing as well and you will more likely feel motivated to draw as often as you 'waste time' on your addiction.

Finally id like to say, if you enjoy it, the activity is most definitely not a waste of time and there is no need to cut it out at all, especially doing something like cutting it out cold turkey. You just need to learn better time management skills and put them into practice so you dont spend all your time on 1 thing to the detriment of all else.
>>
>>18604001
I've been ridiculed all my life over this "hobby". Clearly it's not an acceptable pastime.
>>
>>18603986
You're fucking 24 years old and you're randomly wasting your life about thinking how shit you are instead of doing something that will gain you important life experience.

But nevertheless, I know what you feel, I also went through quarter-life crisis and it took me about 4 years or more to almost recover my mind so I can wholeheartedly accept for who I am and move on.

If you were so damn fucking ugly then you'd still be a tfwnogf like me, but no, turns out I'm probably more ugly here. Stop sulking about your appearance and lift
>>
>>18604010
Video games is a fucking shit hobby, if you already realized how bad video games has done to your social life then you should seriously stop or at least limit your time playing, but hey videogames are shit nowadays so that's very easy to do :^)
>>
>>18604010
> I've been ridiculed all my life over this "hobby"
Why would you pay any sort of attention to people that do that anon? Fuck them Anon, it's a free country.

> Clearly it's not an acceptable pastime.
Maybe it's not a pastime. Maybe it's what lets you cope with the rest of the bullshit the world is full of.
>>
Try a standing desk?

Or if you're REALLY ready to try to conquer the addiction then do some learning about neurobiology. Jordan Peterson and some of the more scientific nofap has an excellent description of damaged dopamine function

Drink or smoke pot? That will need to be addressed too
>>
>>18604009
>Why
Boredom. Loneliness. Habit. Hope to get in the mood for a distracting game?
>Rather
Create; draw, music, shitty youtube memes. Get fit. Get laid. Immersecä myself in music?
>Why^2
Excuses. Laziness. Anxiety. Occasional depression. A lifetime of habitual self-loathing?
It's really simple and I just suck.

I'll have to read and reply slowly.
>>
>>18604038
Jordan Peterson is a shit tier memer who sucks Neitzhes cock all day long. Weed is for degenerates and a waste of time and money.
>>
>>18604050
Well you seem to know your own mind pretty well. Now just ask yourself and answer those questions whenever you sit down to use your computer and you will be far less likely to want to sit there and waste your time if you see it as a waste of time.
>>
>>18604051
You clearly haven't listened to much if anything. He's got an excellent understanding of neurobiology and could explain it to an idiot. A broken dopamine system is key to understanding OP's problems
>>
>>18604058
> muh science
Hes also biased as fuck and probably makes a lot of money of of the anti-lib meme crowd. Id peg him just a tier below alex jones
>>
>>18604013
Anon I could be overrun any day. I'll probably die of inevitable cancer before then, absolutely everyone seems to get it these days.
Will lift more though.

>>18604027
I still have so many games I've wanted to try. But yeah sunk cost fallacy all over it.

>>18604037
Sure, fuck them; I already isolated myself anyway (though as to stop being a pest towards them).

>>18604038
I don't wanna get addicted to alcohol or weed.
>>
>>18603925
Same here, OP. I have a problem with video games too. I've fucked myself immensely because of video games and procrastination.

Video games caused me to have self-hatred, depression, worthlessness, and my humanity. I hate myself. I wish I wasn't addicted to video games.

I have a 40 page paper due in 10 hours and I am still in page 5. I will kill myself momentarily.
>>
>>18604057
I think. I think a lot. I overthink every nanogangstrom or a thought until it makes me wish to die. Luckily I'm too cowardly to kill myself.

I am contemplating trying to draw or something when I get home though. I guess that's something. I thank all replies so far (and I'll stay until 404 but I'm slow on my phone).
>>
>>18604082
If you're gonna kill yourself, at least do it with heavy drugging and fucking of prostitutes until your heart stops. Dignity doesn't matter when you're dead.
>>
>>
>>18604177
Nice dubs op
>>
>>18604179
Thanks
>>
>>18604082
Are you me? Im also procrastinating on a paper and just gaming all day and hating myself, i cant escape the loop no matter what
>>
>>18604097
Smoke some weed. Find your dosage. It'll take your overthinking away if you just do tiny amounts. Too much will give you anxiety, but a correct dose will make everything just more bareable. I do it some times, had to quit because I took amounts "lime any normal person does" and couldn't handle it. Now I just do ridiculous gay amounts, but it is what works for me, and it works pretty good.
>>
>>18604214
It's illegal and nowhere to find in my country. As mentioned above, I got a vape just to see if nicotine has any effect on me, but I gotta try it a few more times I guess. It was just meh the first time. Apparently you're supposed to "prime" it before use, which no beginners guide or included manual mentioned, only something I heard later. Probably broke it, tastes burnt and gross, but I have a replacement coil.
>>
>>18603941
You say you don't like your body, is it because of being too fat or being too skinny? I think giving us an idea of what you look like would help us give a better and more concise answer.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.