[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading the Room: How to Get Better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (82KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
82KB, 800x800px
So how do I get better at readding the room?

>be at friends party, small group less than 10 ppl
>be a little drunk, becuse it be a party
>talking about jobs
>interject, quite rudely, hystrical factoid about this system we are in being fake
>person retorts that they don't want financial /adv/ from jobless 20 somthing y/o

but the truth is that I had a job but gave it up to live off the grid for a bit, and am now back to go to college to learn a trade.

>did not get this in the convo
>saved face and addmited fault
>tried to go back to convo or change it but person was distrot, and then left soon after

Also I was the only one drinking b/c can't smoke weed b/c trying to get job
>>
Correction, I think some other ppl had a buzz going, but it was more casule than the mood I was in.
>(smashed a tall boy of redds apple ale)

It was friends going away party, and he is not a very rowdy person. I should have picked up on that,
>>
Bump
>>
Don't try to give people protips or bring up some factoids that nobody asked for. Has nothing to do with reading a crowd and more with not being a "know it all asshole". Just go with the convo and give your opinions if they fit.

Most people get tired of hearing others ramble on about 'facts'. Might work in a one on one but with a group of friends you're trying to socialize not do a class lecture or personal debate
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.