[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citalopram Effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 13359092.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
13359092.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
I was prescribed Citalopram a week ago for generalised anxiety disorder and I almost feel worse after taking it for a week. I feel nauseas, fatigued and on edge. Has anyone here had any experience with anti-depressants?
>>
The same thing happened to me. It's normal and lasts for 1-2 weeks, which is something your doctor and pharmacist should have told you. For me this drug ended up working very well.
>>
>>18603631
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Luckily I don't have much on at the moment so I can afford to stay at home and wait it out.
>>
meds are absolute last resort for when the problem is severe. they throw everything out of whack, there's side effects to contend with, and the lasting effects even once you've stopped taking them can take weeks/months/years to sort. but pharmaceuticals are yuge money makers and integrity kinda sorta stopped being a thing in medicine decades ago, so pills get handed out like m&ms now and we all go along pretending or convinced that that's the only way. whoo.
>>
I was prescribed that and two other antidepressants, none worked and made me feel like a zombie. But unfortunately, you won't know until you wait it out. I would consider asking for anti anxiety meds instead of what you were given if you feel the same, those mellow me out. Also when you start I recommend starting at a low dose (ie if the doctor says 1 pill- take half). I'm not a pharmacist but I've been a pharm tech for 5 years and had this convo with pharmacists and patients.
>>
>>18603625
It goes away, and then the sexual disfunction sets in and you won't be able to cum. Or maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.
>>
>>18603644
Anti-anxiety meds like Valium/Diazepam are really addictive and have serious withdrawal symptoms so a lot of doctors are reluctant to prescribe them. That's why they use anti-depressants for people with anxiety, they are much longer term drugs with fewer side effects. Unfortunately they take a lot longer to work
>>
>>18603660
Wouldn't that make you last longer in bed though?
>>
>>18603735
Sure if you're fine with never cumming and eventually just giving up in exhaustion.
>>
>>18603661
I'm on citalopram but my doctor also prescribes ativan which I only take on the bad days. This arrangement works well if you have self-control and your doctor trusts you enough to prescribe it.
>>
I've tried like 10 different antidepressants including citalopram

my experience has been they're all completely worthless and do absolutely nothing but give awful side effects, and you get addicted to them so that when you stop taking them you get these horrible sensations of a lightning strike through your brain, plus vomiting, diahreah, vision completely fucked up, sweating etc

There's a huge amount of evidence (clinical trials etc) that antidepressants, especially SSRI's have no proven effect greater than placebo (sugar pill). Which has been my experience.

I think what happens is you feel the side effects and you star thinking oh wow this is strong, it's doing something, I must be getting better soon, and the it's like a self fulfilling prophecy, youpay far more attention to the good things you experience, and attribute it to the medication, and then you basically trick yourself into getting better.
>>
>>18603799
I've only just started seeing a new doctor so I doubt he'd give me anything else at this stage. How often do you have bad days? And how long did it take for citalopram to work for you?
>>
>>18603625
Similar question to OP.
Is it possible for Citalopram to kick in sooner than expected? I was told to take it for a month and then see the doctor again but it's been just a week and already my sex drive is gone and I can't get a boner.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.