[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disassociation during Sex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1501535448113.jpg (260KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1501535448113.jpg
260KB, 2048x1536px
My girlfriend and I have sex pretty regularly, once or twice a day. A few weeks ago during sex I got up and wanted to take her to the bed, but she was nonresponsive, and then became upset. I sat with her until she was feeling better and then took her to bed and went to sleep.

We hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, other than the sex lasting longer than normal and myself being a little rougher than usual. She told me that this wasn't the cause.

She'd told me before that she sometimes disassociates during sex, (PTSD) and that it's nothing for me to upset myself over because it isn't my fault that it's happening. I know that it isn't my fault but it still made me upset, because I didn't know what to do to console her or if there was anything to be done.

She told me not to worry about it, but I do want to know what's best to do in case it happens again. When it happened I just kept close to her, didn't touch her (she asked for me to take my hand off of her), and just stayed quiet and waited.

Do any of you have experience with dealing with this or have these episodes yourself? I know this is a really nuanced situation but I'd like to get some general advice other than what I know already.
>>
>>18601935
So you've been pounding away with no clue she zones out? I'm sure you make her feel like an inanimate sex doll. Anyway, I've had bf's like you before but they don't remain my bf long.
>>
>>18601984
No usually we have pretty normal sex, she enjoys it and makes it known; this has happened one time. Here to criticize or do you have advice?
>>
>>18601984
OP:: she says i shouldn't worry but i do, help.
>hurr durr you are a the bad guy
Are you for real? Did you even read that she just told him that.
>>
>>18602004
I read it but you obviously are either stupid or totally insensitive to your gf and how she may feel or you don't give a shit as long as the pussy is available for your taking. You totally ignore her telling you she zones out as you pound and get your nut.
>>
>>18601935
asking us isn't going to solve anything, you need to talk more in depth with your girlfriend.

Let her know that you're worried and even though she says it's not your fault, tell her you want to make things easier for her. Tell her you're not trying to fix her but you're trying to understand her, because it's painful seeing her like that.

you being patient and waiting is probably the best thing you could have done. she obviously still craves your intimacy, but again, this isn't something we can answer for her.

talk to her, OP. I suffer from PTSD myself but I know I have different triggers than your girlfriend.
>>
>>18602205
Like I said, this is the only time this has happened with me. She told me that she had disassociative episodes before during sex, not with me.
>>18601994

>>18602216
I know I'm not going to get a solution from anyone else but her on this, I'm just trying to see what others have done in similar situations.

I'm trying to talk more with her about it. It hasn't happened since, and because of that she really doesn't think it's something to deal with or worry about.

If just staying with her and waiting is really all I can do, she may be right. She's gone through trauma therapy and has dealt with this on her own already, I'm not really breaking new ground here.

I don't really think it's something specific that triggers it for her, as we didn't do anything we haven't already done or have done after without this happening.
>>
>>18602205
Please don't post advice without fully trying to understand the situation and reading the OP. I agree that what you describe would be a dick move, but if you want to tell your story make your own thread for it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.