[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious about getting off alcohol and am looking for ways to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1502169562149.png (192KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1502169562149.png
192KB, 500x378px
Serious about getting off alcohol and am looking for ways to get off the desire for it I often get.
(This past week or two it's been a cycle of a heavy night of drinking followed by waking up with regrets and saying "that's it, no more" before caving the following night).
Are there things you can eat or drink that help?
I read Naltrexone is a drug that helps with it, but I'm assuming it's prescription only. Is there a way to get it without a prescription? To be honest I'm not really willing to go to my doctor and say "hey can I have some alcoholism medication?" as I'm not really willing to admit to other people I have a problem.
>>
>>18600393
Are you a human, or an animal? If you're human, don't go looking for a miracle pill. Just control yourself. Stop whining that something's too hard. Just control yourself and overcome your instincts.
>>
>>18600393
Same problem, university was one big drunk trip, now I can't sleep without drink... Trying to work out or do some work so I will be tired, but in the end I just drink few beers or booze
>>
>>18600405
I had that problem. I just kept all my obligations, and my schedule, without taking a drink. I stayed up 4 days, working an industrial job, before my body finally gave up.
>>
>>18600401
Have you ever had an addiction?
If so you'd realise it's not as simple as that.
Do you think there would be so many addicts out there if quitting was so easy?

To me the prospects of going through a full night of boredom and depressed feelings is often almost unbearable. If I could just say "no" I would, because I know I'd be better off in the long term, but I have something that I know is an easy, albeit temporary, fix and my body wants the feeling that it gives me.

I don't expect a magic fix but anything that will aid or strengthen my willpower will make things a lot easier and another failure less likely.
>>
File: 1409626798322.jpg (160KB, 1500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1409626798322.jpg
160KB, 1500x414px
>>18600446
>Have you ever had an addiction?
Yes. I was addicted to cigarettes. I smoked over a pack per day, and quit cold turkey. You make the decision, and you stick to it, come hell or high water. I was an irritable fuck for about a month, but I never broke down.

>Do you think there would be so many addicts out there if quitting was so easy?
I never stated it was easy. It's simple, but it isn't easy.

>To me the prospects of going through a full night of boredom and depressed feelings is often almost unbearable.
That's more a statement about your life. Spend it not being bored, instead of self-medicating the symptoms.

>If I could just say "no" I would, because I know I'd be better off in the long term, but I have something that I know is an easy, albeit temporary, fix and my body wants the feeling that it gives me.
You can, but you won't, instead looking for something to mask your lack of willpower while still magically fixing your problem.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.