[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internal Dilema

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502173184894155013675.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1502173184894155013675.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
My partner and I are both 27 and have been together for 12 years. Recently however I've not been feeling the same way about her.

I still find her attractive, the sex is good and we get on well obviously but it kind of feels like I love her but I'm not in love with her.

We've lived together for 7 of those 12 years and have recently moved into a new home which we both love which makes this even more difficult. I was thinking my feelings were about contentment and once I move I'd feel better but nothing has changed as of yet.

My other issue is I fancy another girl a little. Maybe it's just curiosity but I respect myself, my partner and the other girl enough not to cheat so there are no worries there. I have enough morals in me not to be a complete prick.

This other girl is moving back home in a few weeks anyway, but I did tell her what I'm telling you guys as I try to be as honest as I can with people. Although I'll never be with this other girl I still have the problem of my current feelings towards my current partner. Do I tell her, risk having to move out (both if us would struggle with the rent on our own which would screw her over too), or do I wait until this other girl leaves and try and work at falling back "in love"?

Any opinions would be great. Cheers guys and girls. I'll be at work from now so this thread my not get replies from me, but I'll try and lurk.
>>
>>18600370
I think you should talk to your partner about this, anon. If you think there's a problem with your relationship, maybe you can work something out together.
>>
>>18600370
Your only issue is that you fancy another girl. The question you need to ask yourself is whether its worth throwing away a sure thing in order to take a gamble on someone new.

And that comes down to you. Nobody can advise you on that. I might think it would make you happy to stay, and another might think it would make you miserable. Regardless, if it took you over a decade to decide you don't want to be with that person anymore, you're a fool.
>>
>>18600374
Yeah, I suggest this. You're both close enough for this.
>>
>>18600381
OP here.

It hasn't taken over ten years of feeling this way before internally confronting it, it's only been within the last few months.

The other girl ain't going to happen, it's only an infatuation. I don't want to throw away what my server and I have so maybe confrontation is the right thing to do, as hard as it will be.
>>
Everything becomes boring over time.

The best case scenario in throwing away your current relationship is that in 12 years you will be in the exact same situation. The worst case is that you threw away a partner that will grow old with you for a unfulfilling fling.
>>
>>18600370

You are not *supposed* to be "in-love" forever. Your brain doesn't work like that. That's like expecting to be constantly drunk, or high forever.

Long term relationships are all about choice. You remain with your partner because you chose them. You do what you can to maintain healthiness and positivity in the relationship, and support each other through life.

But you don't have to be in the honeymoon phase forever, that's a pipe dream. And it's not the point.

Having feelings for another person is entirely natural and not wrong. What is wrong is acting on those feelings.
People are judged on their actions, not how the 'feel' about things.

I swear, 80% of the problems with relationships these days is unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>18600370
id suggest you to separate from each other for like a week; go on vacation without her and then come back. If everything goes right you should miss her not being able to see her for a while. Hope this helps if you decide to try it out
>>
>>18600471
OP here.

You talk like I'm new to this. Remember, we've been together 12 years not 12 weeks.

I'm aware of the "honeymoon phase" and I'm long past it. But I'm now finding it hypocritical to cuddle and kiss when these thoughts are running through my head.

The other girl won't happen. Even if she wanted to she's heading home in a month so the investment isn't worth it.

I'm going to try and talk to my partner. I'd like to work at it as 12 years is a lot to throw away over a burrowing feeling. I'll just have to brave it and sack up. The timing couldn't be more shit what with the recent move.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.