[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working at Target?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5903.jpg (33KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5903.jpg
33KB, 416x416px
Hey guys I recently came into an offer from target tech through a place called market source
The job is in target tech selling phones and phone accessories
It's $10.50 an hour plus commission
Is this a good job? If you've worked at target tech section or just target in general were they able to keep your hours where you wanted them? I'm going back to college so I can't have more than 20 hrs a week to keep up with my studies
>>
Sales positions are the worst. You're going to have expectations on how many phones you sell but ask yourself, who the fuck buys a phone at Target? If you have sales experience or want to gain some then it might be worth a shot. Worst case is you look for another job.
>>
>>18600195
Depends on the cost of living in your area. 10.50 isn't bad in a town where rent is like 400/month and you could literally ride a bicycle to wherever you want to go.

I'm of the opinion that you never rely on commissions unless it is entirely commission based, like selling insurance or cars.
>>
>>18600224
Yeah I don't really like the idea of sometimes I'll have money some times I won't.
>>
>>18600234
Then treat the commission like it doesn't exist. Would you find 10.50/hr to be a good wage for your skillset and experience? If so, go for it. If not, don't.
>>
>>18600195
I worked at Target, and I can tell you that your team leads will probably be shit. They will be overpaid unintelligent degree holders who will treat you with a lack of respect because they are a position above you (when really they have the exact same fucking agenda). For your hours situation, they'll work with you - give you shit - but work with you, for the most part. In my opinion, if you need money. Take what you can get and suck it up. But heed my warning, if you let them treat you like shit, they will see you as shit.
>>
>>18600195
I've been working at target almost two years now. The phone guys honestly change monthly, I don't know if they get swapped around or something but it isn't easy to sell phones at target. I guess I would take the job anyways, target isn't a bad company to work for and I haven't had any bad experiences with other employees, only customers.
>>
>>18600195
>>18600298
Target and Market Source aren't the same thing. Different reps, different HR, different timeclocks etc.

You won't be working for Target, you'll just be working in their building. Same with the optical department (if you have it) and Pharmacy. Market Source has a high turnaround for various reasons, some are related to low hours/low omission and some are related to the fact that they don't screen very hard for employees and end up constantly picking very lazy people who just stop showing up one day. It's not bad for a part time job though. I'd say just take it so you have extra spending money while in college but without killing yourself.
>>
No. Absolutely not.
I worked as an electronics manager at target for 18 months and worked side by side with the market share phone salesmen. We were all bros because we had to be around each other so much, but the job was shit.
Management is trash, the customers are trash, and the hours are unreliable for everyone. The head target mobile salesman at my store had to quit a couple months before me because he just wasn't getting enough hours to support his family.
Also, not sure if this has changed, but it used to be that the market share target mobile people could only work in shifts of 8 hours at a time, and they weren't allowed to sit at any point except their lunch break.
Don't do it OP, that job was one of the worst experiences of my life.
>>
>>18601072
Sounds like a valid point I have two other job offers on the table so I think I'll just play them off eachother to see who pays me more and I'll work for them
>>
>>18601090
get your hair done differently, change up you makeup little and wear your best outfit that shows off your body and then go stand in front of him. DO NOT RUN. He will comment and that will open an opportunity to chat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.