[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do as you always done, get what you've always got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1501460495551.jpg (185KB, 724x425px) Image search: [Google]
1501460495551.jpg
185KB, 724x425px
Hello /adv/.

I am a 22 yr old male living in the US midwest trying to determine what my next job should be. I will be dedicating the next couple of nights to creating resumes, looking over potential work oppurtunities and inventing/polishing any needed personas for possible interviews.

I am not looking for a career, as I am in the process of creating my own sources of income - outside of working jobs - but understand that in the meantime I need to be earning resources to support both my fiance and myself. We live on our own and I refuse to live off any sort of gov't assistance.

Currentlt I work helpdesk making $13/hr, and my aim is to make a direct move to $16-18/hr or more. I have an A+ certification that will easily get me in the door within a better and more technical IT workplace, but am afraid of the amount of effort outside of work that will be required to catch up educationally and maintain that knowledge. I want to utilize all time not at work and exercising to my continued studies of Philosopy, History and Neuroscience, just to name a few subjects of interest. I have experience in sales, and although the pay should hit my goal with just a little effort on my part and a few extra hours a week, I am afraid my perspective of the world would hold me back immensely if I let it take over my work persona. This is especially true in sales where I can never be my true self, lest I am interested in coming home empty handed everyday.

So yeah, I'm on my phone and will update this more in a few hours. Would love some opinions and suggestions for someone trying to move into a higher paying position whom is not looking for a long term career or having to spend large amounts of time studying for said job outside of work hours. Also more than open to physical labour but factory work is a last resort (ford, ups, amazon, etc.).

Thanks all!
>>
USPS carriers starting wage is 15 something and likely to go up significantly later this year under a new contract. there is nothing you can do while you're not at work that is job related. the hours can be long. it's good exercise.
>>
>>18599467
I never considered doing postal work, though the pay sounds decent and I imagine I could listen to music whilst walking around and delivering mail. Do you work at USPS now? I imagine you get to remain pretty independant?

It would be hard to reconcile that with my views on working for the government, but it sounds like it may be a good work oppurtunity. Thanks for the suggestion anon.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.