[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1454276539194.png (175KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1454276539194.png
175KB, 480x368px
I'm pretty positive that I have OCD. It's gotten to the point where it's disrupting my life. If I seek treatment what will happen? What kind of doctor do I even go to? Will I be given medication or just go to therapy and talk about my feelings?

Any help (especially from someone with OCD) is appreciated.
>>
I don't have OCD but anxiety. The best thing I ever did was to just go to my regular doctor. It was quick and easy for him to diagnose the problem and give me some treatment options. He/she will likely prescribe you medication if they find that you have OCD. You could also try a psychiatrist. I never did that bc insurance restrictions.
>>
>>18599561
Would a physician I've never been to before be able to diagnose it?

I'm moving into college next week so old doctor will be too far away for me.
>>
The family doctor I went to hadn't seen me in like 10 years. It shouldn't matter as long as you give them an accurate description of the issue.
>>
>>18599598
Thanks, man. Did you tell your doctor you have an anxiety disorder or did you tell him your symptoms and let him diagnose you?

I don't want them to think I self-diagonsed myself on webMD.
>>
Seek a diagnosis and treatment (meds and therapy). It will get a lot better. You're you and that's fine. Good luck!
>>
>>18599622
Thanks, dude.

Also bump. I really want to hear what it's like to be treated/medicated for OCD first hand. I tried to find out on other sites, but 99% of the discussions are complaining about meme shit.
>>
another bumpo.
>>
>>18599404
I've had OCD since I was a child. I haven't ever sought treatment for it, though, so unfortunately I can't offer any advice on what that is like. When I was about 10 or 11, it was getting worse and really starting to disrupt my live. Realizing how bad things could get, I somehow managed to tone it down. I found different ways of dealing with it, less obvious ways. Over the next few months I managed to get a hang of it again, and didn't feel like I was losing my mind. You can see a therapist, which I would recommend. They're aren't many medications, and those that exist are usually proscribed only to the more extreme cases of OCD. For me, OCD is something I'll deal with my whole life. If you are just now starting to develop it, seek help immediately, because it may be something you can get rid of
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.