[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship problem, kindof. Am I the bad guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: notrelated.png (2KB, 612x358px) Image search: [Google]
notrelated.png
2KB, 612x358px
ive been kindof a loner all my life and my family have talked about being worried i could never find someone.
a couple of years ago i did find someone and we are still together today. however, the last seven months or so i have not been happy at all. its nothing specific, and i do care for her but all the love from my end is gone and i have concluded i'll be happier by myself.

every time ive thought about breaking up ive told myself to wait a week to see if there is anything left to gain emotionally instead of just a rough day, and we have the same interests and gets excited for the same news so there is always some excitement within a week, but ive more and more realised it is as a friend.

back to my family, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer four months ago and was told she just had a couple of weeks left. we are very close and she keeps telling me how happy she is ive found someone. the very same week she was diagnosed was the week i had completely decided to break up and thought i should wait a couple of weeks so that she (my grandmother) could die being happy i was with someone and happy despite everything thats happened in my childhood and my lonely nature (which isnt what this post is about).

and well, four months have went by and she is still alive getting told every day she doesn't have long left, and i've been postponing my breakup again and again.

i dont feel like i can talk about this with anyone i know so what do you guys think i should do?
>>
>>18598806
I think everyone needs more motivation to be with someone than emotions, because everyone's feelings about a person adapt or just disappear after some time.

Being with a woman because you want to get married and/or have kids is a good reason. Being with a woman because you have a more dependent personality is...arguably a good reason. Being with a woman just because you feel you should is not a good enough reason.

Be a man who acts based on logical motivations. Date a woman because it's a good idea, and stay with her because it's a good idea. Don't date a woman because you're being pressured into it, just to leave when your "feelings fade" or some shit - that is womanly.
>>
>>18598826
i would sortof agree but when the emotions shes giving me is more negative than positive i think its better to break up

and i have decided to break up, i shouldve specified in my original post that what im wondering is wether it is wrong of me to wait or not for my grandmother
>>
>>18598834
That's all too vague for me to comment on. I don't even know what you mean about waiting for your grandmother.

I agree that the relationship shouldn't be making you feel outright bad overall. I would talk to someone irl about this, if I were you, someone who knows what you want in life, and who can get all the details from you.

Try to re-read what I wrote. I'm basically just telling you to operate on logical principles. I'm not suggesting whether or not you should stay with her. That's your personal decision, isn't it? I have no strong opinion. Nobody on 4chan should.
>>
>>18598883
Sorry, to summarize:
- Been unhappy for 7 months
- Decided to break up 4 months ago when my grandmother was told she had 2 weeks left
- Grandmother keeps telling me how happy she is she got to live long enough to see me happy together with someone
- Shes still alive, i havent broken up cause i want her to die believing what she thinks is true
- Is it wrong of me to wait for her to die to break up with my girlfriend?
>>
>>18598883
and we have the exact same friends so im scared the word will spread if i try to talk to someone in real life about it
>>
>>18598891
>date girl I don't want to until grandmother dies
I just don't operate like that at all. You can do what you want, but I would never do that. I would actually distance myself from any frend who did that. The "waiting for people to die" routine in itself is dismal and fucked, and a red flag - although maybe I'm being overly judgemental.

It sounds like we're clear now about the situation you needed advice with? I am very against doing this idea you have, but it is just one person's opinion.
>>
>>18598907
Thank you, yeah i dont like it myself. I thought waiting two weeks was okay but now its been so long and it feels more and more wrong every day.

and then you also understand why its hard for me to go to real life friends about this...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.