[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 20170628_085929.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_085929.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So I'm starting my freshman year of high school and I have two choices; public "quad A" high school, or online homeschool
>>
>>18598634
Every single day there is a cry for help on /adv/ from someone who was homeschooled and thus never learned how to socialize or interact with others.
>>
>>18598634
18+ to post.
>>
>>18598634
Homeschooling is for evangelicals, drop outs, and kids in the brief period of time between leaving a mainstream environment and beginning outplacement.
>>
File: 1501585862981.png (135KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1501585862981.png
135KB, 326x326px
>>18598634
First, you'll need to check a local community college to see if they accept anyone with a highschool degree regardless of age. If so, you can apply to a college at the age of 16 as you can get your GED at that time. If that's the case, I would highly recommend homeschooling from personal experience, as it's much easier to go through the process from homeschool than it is from highschool. If you do this, you can likely get an associated degree by the age of 18, or 19.

Otherwise, just go through highschool and get an associates degree by the age of 20 or 21.

>>18598675
Irrelevant point.
>>
>>18598686
>Irrelevant point

Its not. If OP isn't an evangelical who's parents want to prevent them from being exposed to the general population, a drop out, or preparing for outplacement in an therapeutic environment there is no reason for online homeschool. Its an inappropriate option.

High school isn't about learning geometry or English literature. Its about learning social skills, effective habits for being a productive adult, and management of interpersonal stress.

OP COULD go the route of getting a GED and fucking off to community college at 16 with an eye towards going to a four year university at 18, but that defeats the purpose of high school.

High school prepares you for the shit sandwich that is life in a capitalist society. People are going to be cunts, you're going to have to get up early to do shit you don't care about, and you'll need to be able to find some small group of people with whom you can commiserate. If you get really good at that, you can position yourself for a career where you get more bread and less shit in your sandwich.

OP needs life skills.
>>
>>18598695
Life skills are taught by living life, not by choosing which 'groupies' you enjoy the most. If you'd like to provide citations with your claim "Its about learning social skills, effective habits for being a productive adult, and management of interpersonal stress. " you can go ahead and provide them, but I doubt you have any outside of personal anecdote.

>High school prepares you for the shit sandwich that is life in a capitalist society.
Doubtful. Numerous studies have shown no correlation between social skills of public school taught students, and homeschooled students. Here's one for the sake of argument that I remember caught my eye awhile back. http://icher.org/blog/?p=809
The summary found several notable facts, including:
"Across several studies homeschooling parents consistently rate their children higher than do parents of conventionally schooled children, though the children themselves don’t rate themselves much differently at all. In a couple of studies homeschooled children, especially girls, rated themselves below institutionally schooled children in terms of social skills despite the fact that these children’s parents rated them above the norm."

Outside of social skills are there any other values that high-school 'might' provide a student that would assist in handling a capitalist society?
>>
>>18598713
I've already mentioned getting acccostumed to the grind, and social skills are ascendently important (as this tirefire of a board consistently shows). Still, take my opinion or leave it. I'm just some guy pushing 40 who works with high school kids in trouble.
>>
File: 1501443864630.png (257KB, 702x649px) Image search: [Google]
1501443864630.png
257KB, 702x649px
>>18598649
Don't even try to pretend that 50% of the people here aren't under 15
>>
do homeschool if you value your time. Just don't go longer than two months without talking to people your age or you'll go insane.
>>
>>18598636
oh fuck off, there is not
>>
>>18598634
Go to regular school. It was some the best and not so good times I had. Experience.
>>
>>18600196
Yep
>>
>>18599380
You are, doesn't mean we are.

>>18598634
Literally everybody going in is thinking the same thing. You'll naturally meet people as you have class, group work, mutual friends, and other random shit. I really mean the random shit. My junior friend group played Smash with a group of freshmen. We were like 10-15 deep playing 3DS and it would get so exciting that hood niggers started to watch.

You also have groups you can join, so long as you're fine with staying away from home longer and coming home later. It'll go as far down as anime club if there's an Asian presence, for sure. This isn't the real world or college, it's high school. You're gonna meet a fuck huge amount of people. That being said, 95% of these people will be temporary and only the closest will stay in touch, but don't worry about that right now.
>>
>>18598634
I don't think anyone can really make that decision for you, but I can tell you my experience with choosing home school during my Sophmore year. Unless you are determined and consistent, it is one of the easiest, but most boring things you can partake in life. Also, unless you already built a good friend base, be prepared to become introverted (if you're not already). If it weren't for my health issue, I would have stayed. I hated and loved physical school. I just stopped doing the homeschool work and was dropped.

TL;DR: Took homeschool, but did not finish. Dropped out of "high school". Got GED. Life is shit without a high school diploma. Stay in school if you can. Take homeschool if you are busy and determined. Best of luck, m8.
>>
>>18598713
>Asking for citations to prove something that is basic logic
Wee woo wee woo the mongoloid psuedo intellectual alert is going off.
>>
>>18600349
Not the anon you responded to, but I've taken notice of the absurd amount of anons using "pseudo-intellect" whenever they feel threatened mentally. I don't know you, so I will not judge you, but I feel that you should have a more appropriate rebuttal then "hurrr durr pseudo-intellect neanderthal retard idiot faggot". Just my opinion. Carry on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.