[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways of moving around the country without money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 2_leaving11_large__large.jpg (170KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
2_leaving11_large__large.jpg
170KB, 800x440px
tl;dr How can you move and work in different parts of the country with no savings?

Are there any Britfags here that know of a way to basically get a job that provides accommodation so you could, in theroy, move straight there without putting a deposit on a place and having to scramble about finding work. I want to move but I have no income or savings to have some kind of security while trying to find work. A couple of my friends found jobs that accommodate you while you work for them and pretty much managed to secure the job without having an interview. Is there something specific I should be searching for, how could I get away with this?
>>
>>18598482
Work in hotels OP, they can give you staff accommodation, most likely if you are wanting to move to a tourist area
>>
>>18598544
Yeah this is basically what one of my friends did. I'm just wondering how I would go about applying though. There's jobs advertised obviously but would I just call up every hotel in an area and ask if they are hiring and provide accommodation?
>>
busking?
learn to play an instrument.
magic show
comedian
>>
>>18598697
And live on the street? Are you having a giggle pal..
>>
>>18598703

No. You're having a giggle mate, if you think it's genuinely possible to do something like this without money up front.

If you're lucky, you might find a pub that offers a room, but these tend to be for managers or landlords rather than bar staff. Most places that hire without significant interviews tend to be bars and pubs in cities, where the staff turn over is very high, but they're extremely unlikely to offer accommodation (due to the fact they're situated in high demand areas, where people who earn a lot more money than you are looking for housing).

Accommodation, especially in the private sector, is high demand at the moment. Landlords essentially have their pick of tenants and rent is sky high.

Why aren't you claiming any benefits, such as Jobseekers Allowance and Housing Benefit? You could apply for these, find a room to stay in, then look for work in the area.
>>
>>18598711
Ofcourse it is genuinely possible you insufferable mongoloid. As I have already mentioned two of my friends did precisely what I am talking about with no formal or 'face to face' interview; one went to work at a summer campo that provided accommodation and the other worked for a hotel that owned a large house for it's staff and got a room in there so no I am not being unreasonable to any extent, fucking especially not to the extent of recommending living on the streets you absolute door knob. Because you can't just call up the dole and ask them to house you in a different area for no reason, plus I have been down that route when I was made homeless some many years ago and the housing register is equivocally impossible to get on, the houses there are as rare as rocking horse shit. My best option is to just suck it up and get full time work but my issue is that I live on a remote island with no work and would still be stuck with the same situation trying to move onto the mainland here.
>>
>>18598482
I live in my truck with my girlfriend. We find odd jobs on CL like moving companies needing extra hands and yard work stuff like that and we get by barely it we do it's possible if you don't mind living in a truck
>>
>>18598913
I had also actually considered this. Sounds lovely mate. I would yeah but I haven't got a full license, I can only drive on my island but this is definitely something I would consider, enjoy infact
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.