[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding someone the middle of nowhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: img01.jpg (667KB, 902x600px) Image search: [Google]
img01.jpg
667KB, 902x600px
I'm starting to get worried I'm approaching loveless singularity.
A year ago I started embracing traditionalism and I've been trying to work towards becoming as good of a future husband and father as I can be - I became a Christian, started studying STEM and try to be less dependent on my parents. However, in terms of actually finding a partner I have made zero progress. Since I want to fulfill my role in marriage as well as possible, I want to find someone who will want the same, someone who wants to be a mother first, let me be head of the house and supports me so I can focus on feeding the family, the whole nuclear family scenario.
Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding someone who feels the same way. That is not necessarily to say that there are no women here who think that way, just that I can't reach them. In my church the average age is 50 and I'm seemingly the only one in their 20s who attends. Any local events and parties are filled with basic bitches and I don't think the type of girl I'm looking for would like them either. At university I'm not interested in the girls because I'm not interested in a someone who wants to spend their best years in a cubicle. I tried an online christian dating site, but from the very few people within a 50km radius only one replied and although we talked for a bit we drifted apart after I realized she was full of drama and really self-conscious about previously being a self-destructive party girl.
I know very well there are lots of women interested in a traditional marriage but between my sparsely populated location, my standards and my lack of social interactions I feel like I've shielded myself from any chance of finding a partner.
>>
>>18598425
>between my sparsely populated location, my standards and my lack of social interactions I feel like I've shielded myself from any chance of finding a partner.

You made a bunch of rules before even starting to date. Of course you have trouble finding someone that fits i to your already built niche for her.

You gotta relax mate.
>>
>>18598425
>At university I'm not interested in the girls because I'm not interested in a someone who wants to spend their best years in a cubicle.
You're at uni and that's not what you want, why would you assume everyone else wants that?
>>
>>18598425
Does your school not have religious groups? Look for those. Even if they aren't super practicing st my own school a lot of them are pure and go to school to get married. Or they want to enter the workforce but are teachers/humanities etc. it's not too bad. Don't judge people until you know them.
>>
>>18598438
It's not like my standards are whether she likes video games or has at least a C-cup it's more about her being someone I can spend a lifetime with. "Less than 3 sex partners" and "no whore-tier piercings" would be some standards that I don't think are unreasonable.
>>18598441
Im okay with working 40 hours a week, it's just not what I want from the mother of my future children. I want her to stay at home and be a housewife, and I want to do everything to let her do that without having to worry about anything else.

Also what the fuck I had to write this on my phone because 4chan refused to let me post
>>
>>18598477
Unless you go after high school girls in churches then stay at home moms are hard to find. Just date a teacher. It's basically the same thing. They don't even work in the summers
>>
>>18598476
My school doesn't have one. I used to attend a bible study hosted by students from a different school last year but we couldn't find a suitable time to meet up last semester.
Although when I get to that point my social anxiety seamlessly tags in to make me assume any girl I'm interested in would already have a boyfriend or wants to spend the minimum amount of time possible with me.
That's another hurdle.
>>
>>18598491
Outsource. I dated a girl when I was standup preaching and doing bible studies on different campuses. Find a fellowship, even if it 30mins out of your area. When I was in a fellow ship I had MANDATORY dates to encourage the girls, even if nothing came from them. It helps you meet and make good relations with others
>>
>>18598520
I've been meaning to do some soul-saving work. I wish I could be a hellfire street preacher but I'd probably get arrested.
How do I get past thinking that every good girl I meet already has a boyfriend? I feel like that's the biggest thing keeping me from approaching a girl.

Also 30 minutes lol there's nothing within a 45min radius.
>>
>>18598540
That's rough then. You also don't have to be a street preacher. The most impactful way to share with someone to approach them.
>walk up to guy/girl
>compliment them then ask name
>ask what they/study
>ask them how they feel about Jesus or say that you're on a mission to ask people about their personal views of religion just to gather demographic information
>listen to what they have to say, he vested and give attention. Asking more questions about what they share
>perhaps invite to church or simply talk about Jesus and move on, sharing the word and boosting your confidence like a calm and collected person.
If you're overly nice and not pressuring people, it's a good way to socialize. However it doesn't help if there just isn't anyone around. Maybe you just need to move out when you can and then find a new community
>>
Where are you OP, unless you're in Greenland I doubt you're in nowhere. Heck, I once found a cute religious girl on an art forum from there: even nowhere has women
>>
>>18598629
Well I am in Vienna on a regular basis (Uni), so it's not like i never am somewhere with people. It's just really inconvenient to get anywhere.
Thanks for the advice, though. The Bible study did invite me to their soul saving program, so I'll see if I can get in on that come semester.
>>
>>18598477
>it's more about her being someone I can spend a lifetime with.

Yeah, it's not like YOU are making a choice alone right now about how the rest of BOTH of your lives will be.
>>
>>18598767
Do you think I'm gonna kidnap some random girl and force her to marry me? Besides, since when is wanting your partner to be a housewife more outrageous than wanting her to do weird fetish shit?
>>
>>18598425
You answered your own question. You need to go where the singles are in order to meet them. Your options is either sticking to your locale, and compromising, or going where there is more people.
>>
>>18598797

It's not outrageous. It's just having your life planned before including someone else. Sharing a life means, you know, "sharing". You can't call all the shots before even starting to date.
>>
>>18598803
It's not okay wanting to be the sole breadwinner of a family with kids? This was the basic idea of a long-term relationship for the longest time up until 60 years ago.
>>
>>18598855

Then travel back in time.

Also, the list is a little longer than what you just said:

>"Less than 3 sex partners" and "no whore-tier piercings"

So you have to also control her past, not only her plans for the future.

>I want her to stay at home and be a housewife, and I want to do everything to let her do that without having to worry about anything else.

So she can't even have a job while she does this? Not even part-time or from home? What if she wants to do something else, too?

Also, dies she get a say in the bumber of kids or is that decided to? Does she have to be a Christian or can she have no religion?
>>
>>18598882
So whenever you have standards for your partner, you're trying to control them? If a woman only wants to date guys over 6 feet, is she trying to control their genetics? And why do you assume I'm only going to approach women who don't want that kind of life?

And yes, I want to raise my children in a Christian household, and no job until the youngest is old enough. Not having a mother around when growing up is poison for children.
>>
>>18598903

Any kind of limitation you put on your partners before meeting them is, well, a limitation. Having some isn't bad. Having too many will make it really hard to date, though.

Also, you already have plans and goals for your life AND for hers. You are not even dating yet. Can't you see how your potential wife doesn't have a say in your plans?

What could she say that doesn't conflict with your goals? You want someone with no opinions, just a copy of your own.
>>
>>18598425
I feel you m8.
It's a really tough scenario.

I'll be lurking in case someone posts a revelation, but - if you ask me - it's incredibly doubtful anyone will.

Also, this is a general advice not pertaining to your question: chill with your standards.
To me, a strong drive to be a mother and a couple other qualities are just as good. Sprinkle Christianity on top if you have to, but demanding them to be stay-at-home full-time really chains your chances to the rocky floor.
>>
>>18598912
You can't really have separate goals on something like raising a family, our goals have to align there. Outside of that, I don't care. Most career choices women make aren't something you have to be in your prime years for, and even raising a big family doesn't take too long - There's still plenty of time do begin working. This isn't banishing a poor woman to a life of eternal servitude, I just want her to be with the kids until they can take care of their own, and I doubt this is something women despise.

Anyway, I need to go to bed for work tomorrow, so I can't reply any more.

>>18598946
I'm starting to feel like it is legitimately impossible to have this criteria when dating. It's just really irritating because there's a thread about a chick asking for a sugar daddy right NOW, but god forbid you want to take care of someone on a basis of marriage, not sex.
>>
>>18598987

For the last time: the problem is not that you are asking for something bad or impossible. The problem is that you have decided how her next 20+ years will be before even meeting her.

In isolation, your ideas are fine. But all together are too much to decide before even meeting someone that might marry you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.